CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

pulled the trigger on the 25 hp nitrous shot:)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 01:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulled the trigger on the 25 hp nitrous shot:)

well sandbomber and i got to run all our machines and what a day
we started out engine for engine well i got the first runs but after that his 720 was catching me at the end, so between the dual carbs and the higher compression, his 720 was slightly faster than mine, well i'm learning that bottle pressure is very important, i had it up to 1200 psi and by the time we made several runs on the engine it had dropped to 900 psi, sand bombers son brought out the 418 shee with the 25 hp shot i lost by a quad to a quad and a half, the machine becomes exteremely fast[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i was thinking jeff was silly going over the top of sand mountain 2 years ago, the nitrous causes speed to increase a lot , before you realize it and stopping is a issue, more than once i wasn't sure i could get it shut down.

well i'll be dropping the shot back to 20 for now, a few reasons
1- traction became a hugh problem, i was either redlined out or my machine was standing tall
2- it has caused some tuning issues, again traction, part of the problem was wet spots, hit those and the front would shoot up even with the 4 inch extended swing arm
3- the bottle pressure is a issue for where i ride, i'll have to find how to make the bottle heater work.
4- gearing appears to be a problem now, when the nitrous hits it seems to tach out to fast,so the front sprocket may be needing a larger size.

after lots of runs with sandbomber one thing we both noticed the difference between carbs and piston compression was very slight, rider was more the deciding factor than anything

well i now know why jeff and everyone like the nitrous so much, it comes on hard and things get very exciting[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i would highly recommend nitrous as a mod, lots of bang for the buck, the 720 was as good of a mod but much more money invested there.

Old 04-12-2004, 01:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Good to hear!!! Thats what its all about!. When you know your bike is running super strong, It makes your days at work much better with more happyness. You probably need a longer swingarm while squeezeing out of the hole for a superior launches.

Old 04-12-2004, 01:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider

think i need to start going with the taller gearing first, but like i said it is so much more power at once it will take a while to dail in the riding on it. and yeah it does make dealing with work a lot better. still think the 720 is the best bang for the buck engine to, they scream, those 760 and 770 are some tractors, they move fast by brute force, my 720 wind it up and let it go, kind of sounds like a 2 stroke. i was checking on some other hp stuff but hit a wall.

Old 04-12-2004, 01:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Sandman430 one thing you might want to consider is a progresive nitrous controller. I have never used one but I have seen them used with great results. You can come out of the hole like a lamb and then bring it on like a lion. You can program the curve you are most comfortable with. This thing would be tailor made for what you want to do IMHO.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

where would i get info on one at?

Old 04-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

what gearing? 20 or 22" paddles? how many paddles? take off in first or second? plus 4" is too short. my plus 8" isn't long enough.

what type of carbs and what were their sizes?

Old 04-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

My Summit mag has some info on it. Made by NOS and is on page 45. I'm sure if you went to NOS's web site they would also have info for you. These things are damn expensive, $549.95 for the good one I like. Or you can get the one without the delay for $319. I don't see the need for the delay in your app. If you are serious about nitrous, this would be the thing for you.
Like I said, you can ramp up at any rate you want depending on traction, and this is a huge advantage.

Old 04-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

Bottle heater, try keeping your bottles in the hood of your truck for the drive out. Doesnt help much after you are camping for a few days, but idling the truck for awhile may work too. Bottle heater on bike = more weight. IMO.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2004, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

Sandman, I never heard the story about Jeff going over the top of Sand Mt. Fill me in. Is that why he likes doing that with the sandcar? LOL.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2004, 03:45 PM
amd
Pro Rider

progressive controllers are hard on selonids, you would be better off getting your gearing and tire size right first. the selonoids will life will be cut in half in not shorter.

Quick Reply: pulled the trigger on the 25 hp nitrous shot:)