CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

pulled the trigger on the 25 hp nitrous shot:)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulled the trigger on the 25 hp nitrous shot:)

The way I had mine done was I had a bottle heater that weighed maybe 10oz. I wired it to a seperate switch that was on the dash. I would flip on the switch a few minutes before i was ready to start running it. I also mounted my pressure guage in the dash so i could see it at all times. On Sand Mtn UT which is about the same as NV, by the time I would coast back down the hill for another run, the pressure would be back up and ready for more. NX has a kit that will regulate your pressure by turning the heater on and off at preset points. Its a bit more spendy than a simple guage and switch but effective. Get your heater off of Ebay, cheapest place to find them and any of them will work.

After having mne I was to the point of where I didnt want a FTP switch. I would rather have a momentary switch on the handle bar that the NOS would be on only while pushing it. That way I could launch hard in first and the second I hit second gear I would bring on the NOS. I could not launch on the NOS even sitting on the gas tank. with your +4 it may be different but I dont think a +4 is enough. I was running a 15/43 gearing with 20" 8 paddles and it was simply too low. I think the stock gearing with 20's is about perfect for running NOS. I might have been able to shoot in first gear with that combo.

A delay would do you pretty much no good, your not runnning the same quartermile strip like a car would that the delay is desighned for. A progressive controller would work well but would take some tuning to get right. Pluss as stated it is a bit harder on your soleniods. I would experiment with gearing and switches before dropping $550.

What pluggs are you running and what fuel are you running as?

Old 04-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ScoobyDFW
what gearing? 20 or 22" paddles? how many paddles? take off in first or second? plus 4" is too short. my plus 8" isn't long enough.

what type of carbs and what were their sizes?
My 720 has stock swingarm with 20" 17paddle brats with fcr dual carbs. I have to clutch it out the hole in 2nd gear slow to say least!!!!!!!!

Old 04-14-2004, 03:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider

thanks for the help looking into a bottle heater already have a 42 rear sprocket and then 16 and 17 front sprockets so i'm sure i'll find a gearing that works, better. hope the swingarms works out i wouldn't really like a longer one. with the heater i'll get a more consistant run every time, probably only got 2 runs close to 25 hp then they slowly faded(still fun though) probably got a true 15 runs this time pretty nice i thought already ordered a new bottle.