CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron tuning.. help is very much needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron tuning.. help is very much needed

Has anyone ever leaned out thier lectron to the point it won't start? It seems like it's running way too rich. Tomorrow going to buy a bunch of plugs see if I can get her dialed in right.

I was told that once tuned it will have a slight bog when it's cold but once it warms up bog is removed.

Also it seems to lean it cause it NOT to want to start. Do you guys apply throttle on startup? I was told that is NOT good for a 4 stroke.

I'm almost there.. once I get these issues with the carb resolved maybe smoke some a$$

Old 04-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

On my 46hv I played with the air screw and needle to make it perfect. When you adjust either the air screw or main needle you will probably have to readjust the idle. When its cold out and the engine has not been run for some time, I will turn the choke on and it will usually fire right up, no throttle needed. Pull a plug to see if it is wet, which would mean you flooded it.

A few trips ago, I could not get my quad to start ( the quad was sitting for about a month and had a very rough and bouncy trip to the dunes). I even tried pull start it, but would not fire up. I pulled the plug, it was wet. I put in a new plug and it fired right up.

Old 04-15-2004, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

Idle is kind of a weird deal with the Lectron (in my limited experience). I feel that these carbs like to idle a little higher than stock or the TM. Both the stock and TM seem to idle at just about any RPM. The Lectron seems as though it needs a little more idle to make it work. Seems that my idle runs a little rich, and when I stab the thottle it gives a little puff of smoke. NO HESITATION what so ever, but does give a quick puff. TM did it as well......

My problem with idle is that once it is set and you blip the throttle, it comes back to a good idle and then tends to load up a touch. Not sure how to get that out, but I haven't destroyed any plugs yet and when I took the kids for a ride, the carb worked great.

Go figure....

When warm, the throttle isn't touched on start-up. When cold, I do give it a bump or two when I'm cranking.

Old 04-19-2004, 09:28 AM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always have to pull the choke when I am starting mine and I usually give the throotle a couple of pumps before I crank her up. It will fire on the first couple of turns then I turn off the choke and let her warm up. Mine won't stay running that long with the choke on !!!

Old 04-19-2004, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

I've took BigDaddy331 advice and turned the idle up a bit. Seems to be running fine now. I also leaned her out.. has a SLIGHT bog on the bottom but that's if it's been ideling for a bit.

Thanks for the help guys.... down the road I'm going to hock it and get a 46HV!!

Old 04-19-2004, 10:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider

sounds like you are almost there

Old 04-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

Yeap supposed to ride today to finialize her.. but... friend kind of left me hanging. Friday I hit the MX track with my kid. Can't wait to go.. I'm know I'm going to be sore on Saturday.