CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

My DS bit me

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My DS bit me

I finally took my DS to a track last saturday. It was all fine until my DS jumped up and bit me. It was a track really meant for dirt bikes but the DS handled it o.k. except for the cornering which I think could be better with a little adjustments to the suspension. After almost a day of riding, about half way around the track on what I had already decided was to be my last lap, I decided since I was totally fatigued (my first track time let me know how exhausting that is) and decided to take it a little slower. After hitting good sized doubles and a huge table top and a killer step up I went over a little double that pitched me weird and on the way down all I could think was "here comes my first bust on my 04 DS". boy was I right, my right front wheel hit down, my tired arms gave out and my head went down. My chin guard glanced off the bars and my chin banged down on the break rezy and the lever. I stopped to make sure I was o.k. and finished up the track and rode to where my buddy was and asked if I was bleeding anywhere, he said "Oh s**t !!! what happened to you?" I thought he was kidding until he said with a straight face "No, I'm serious, you need to go to the hospital." I went to my truck and looked in the mirror to see that just under my helmat strap a 2 inch long gash that was open about 1 inch wide and about 1 inch deep. No way was I leaving my DS behind so I checked myself out and decided I would make it and drove almost 40 minutes to the hospital. Everyone there said the same thing that I was lucky because another half to 1 inch and I would have severed my jugular and would have died right there on the track. After 6 stitches on the outside and a few more on the inside (and of course the long wait at the hospital) I was on my way home again. I know exactly which bolt I hit since it still had a piece of meat on it the size of my thumb nail. I am taking the next 2 weeks off, but guess where I'll be on the third weekend..........

Old 04-15-2004, 10:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default My DS bit me

OUCH!!!!!!!

Old 04-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default My DS bit me

Wow! That's just one of those freak things that happens. Glad it wasn't worst for you. You'll have a cool scar though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2004, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default My DS bit me

go big or go home, right?

nothing like a new scar to make you feel like a man, and with a slice like that YOU ARE THE MAN!

Old 04-16-2004, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default My DS bit me

I don't mind the scar so much , in fact my 2 year old son thinks it's cool. He's into bugs and said that it looks like a catipillar so everytime he sees it he says "I like your lati-pillar Daddy". The thing that makes me mad is that I was working up to a step up that the owner of the track said only 2 quads have ever done without landing on the flat and one of them busted and the other almost did. The jump I busted on is one of the smalles I hit that day....... go figure. Guess next time I'll just give it more gas to be safe ! without a doubt got to air it out !

Old 04-16-2004, 12:33 AM
Trailblazer
Default My DS bit me

well glad to see that your alright and nothing is broken but your pride ! keep it up

Old 04-16-2004, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default My DS bit me

The pride is still in tact it's the neck that is all torn up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2004, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default My DS bit me

Pictures-Pictures-Pictures [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]