CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I got my money back on my 04 Arctic Cat 650, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got my money back on my 04 Arctic Cat 650, now what?

I had to much trouble with my 04 Arctic Cat 650 with only 4 miles on it. The dealer was kind enough to give me my money back. Now I'm looking for an ATV to replace the AC. I have a SeaDoo watercraft that has been very reliable. I'm looking for an ATV that has good towing power and can handle rough off roading. I will be using it to clear my property of thousands of Manzanita trees (small no bigger than 200-300 lbs cut). I plan on cutting the trees then using a log choker to pull them up to the burn pile. I also live near the Rubicon Trail in Norther California. I would like to do some camping and trail riding. I have friends with Arctic Cat, Grizzlies, and Hondas. I would like to keep up with them. So what is the best option? Is the Bombardier the ATV for me? I need good engine braking and good front wheel traction in the rocks. I also have a small ATV trailer rated at carrying1500lbs. Also I hear about the John Deer ATV's that are made by Bombardier, are they the same as the Bombardier, are they more heavy duty? I'm not looking to race anyone, I just want to be able to go through the rough stuff like my friends. Also, I feel I just got a lemon with my AC650, but the main reason I don't want to go back to AC is the customer service was very bad. AC does not even have a phone number for non dealer customers. I had to threaten law suit in order for them to respond. Is Bombardier good with customer service? I've never had to use them with my SeaDoo. I don't want to go on and on... So any help would be awsome, Thanks, Matt.

Old 04-19-2004, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

There was a guy who made a post regarding the excellent service he got from bombardier on his ATV. I think it was a DS650 that he had troubles with. They replaced his whole engine for him without even blinking I believe .. I don't recollect the thread .. here it is ... CLICK

Good luck!!

Old 04-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

The Outlander 700 is rumored to be out this summer. It has trailing arm independent suspension.
The John Deeres are exactly the same as the Bombardier, just different graphics, a couple of goodies, and a higher price. John Deere will not be selling the Outlanders, just the Quest and Traxter. The Traxter is undoubtably the most awesome work machine going, but the Outlander is the most fun. The Outlander has the best handling of any sport utility going, and the new 700 will be a rocket. We don't know when or how many cylinders, but the 400 will kick most 500's butts, so the 700 will be a real contender.