CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Raced my Stage III buddy yesterday... results are...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced my Stage III buddy yesterday... results are...

Originally posted by: Entomber
Right now money is tight so I'm going to live with those paddle masters for a while. I plan to get haulers soon. I didn't go out with the paddle masters cause I couldn't get one to seal up (the bead) and I wanted to get going.
Believe it or not, you were better off with knobbies that day. You'd have lost by more with those paddle masters on. They are very heavy and don't hook up fer shizzle. You both are the same weight?

Old 04-26-2004, 09:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

so entomber do you feel better now that we've told you you'll be in good shape[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] have your friend put on his ***** for a real test .

Old 04-27-2004, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Paddles against knobbies? This sounds like another Dirt Wheels test![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2004, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

Well he also takes off his fenders and my DS might be a little heavier than his. We weigh about the same he might be 5 pounds ligher or I'm five pounds ligher than him. He is shorter than me but sure has gained some weight. He is also a drag race fanatic. There really isn't any place to ride wide open for drags that there ISN'T sand. I'm expecting some money to come in. Going to get paddles for my DS and for my Son's T-Rex. Until then.. it's Paddle Masters for me.....

He is convinced that larger valves will win the day...and keeps reminding me that I should have gotten them. Says more air in more power out.

I wish my bike would shut him up... I want to switch bikes next time we ride and see what happens.

Old 04-27-2004, 02:42 AM
Trailblazer

I am with all the other guys i say it is time to paddle up and whip out a can of woop ***

mike

Old 04-27-2004, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Entomber
What is an EGT?

An EGT is an exhaust gas temperature gauge. It will tell you the temp that is coming out of your exhaust header. All you have to do is drill a little hole for the probe to go in on the header pipe,close to your head. Then run the wire to your gauge which will be on you handlebars or dash. This will allow you to see what temp when you are running all through the throttle range, then you can adjust the jets or whatever to get it to run the coolest as it can. They are an important dill if you are running alky. Take alook at this one! Take a look at it. It is better to run a digital gauge so that you can get the temp pretty close. It is alittle expensive but it is sure better than damaging a really expensive powerplant. Hope this helps. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Lance

Old 04-27-2004, 08:18 AM
sam
Pro Rider

this is defenetly a traction issue. JM2C at silver lake last yr. my bro inlaw had his 250r w/ paddles, mine stock tires, in a drag race he could keep up to me quiet ezly. at home on hard pack no contest I would leave him by a mile. plus w/out paddles in really lose soil you wont wheely lots of spin. have him put his stock tires back on or get on some pavement and let her rip.
Sam

Old 04-27-2004, 08:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Paddles are a must. Your bike is probably putting out way to much torque for those paddle masters. Wait until you get the money together for the paddles and then make him eat his words.

Old 04-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

if you only lost by 3 i'd start to ask what he things the paddle difference will be, start working him now so the win will be all the more sweet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2004, 05:41 PM
Trailblazer

You need to get rid of those masters. My bike came with them they were awfull. I took a tire iron to them and shaved SEVEN lbs off each tire. I went a little short but they thety will get me by until I get my Extemes

Quick Reply: Raced my Stage III buddy yesterday... results are...