CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

E-RAM SUPERCHARGER

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004 | 05:51 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default E-RAM SUPERCHARGER

just got off the phone with with a buddy off another forum he said that one of his riding buddys has the e-ram and it put out 4-7 hp acrost the whole rpm range and a consistant 4-5 lbs of toruqe this was on a sportsman 700efi

how much dose a turbo carb run in price do you see any performance gain with this carb and would the price of the carb and 300$ be worth the 5-6 hp gain i personaly think this would be great with the mr hp jug and the 12.1 comp piston and some bolt ons before i try this out i am dyno my motor to see what i am putting out do you think with a 35 hp shot i will see my hp # in the mid 70's i think so i am gona tune it for 20 shot but just wana see maby ill try 45 what do you think my hp # will be with these differant shots and my motor config i run 100 octain and i have a ressy for trick 113 gas for when i use the nitrous

Old 04-29-2004 | 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

Slidesquad and Sandman,

In reference to the E-mail quote, I am the private developer working with E-Ram. I am developing the unit for ALBA Action and E-Ram. (Mike at E-Ram and Mario at Albaaction) I'm not a business, so I enjoy sharing my ventures and welcome ideas and comments. Believe me, NOBODY loves this sport more than me (the same, maybe). To answer the vacuum question, it's not a sensor issue, it's one of positive pressure inside the bowl tht has to be overcome. That's why I use an injector. Boomer (TVI Power and Sports) has some good points in that you can equalize the pressure in the bowl with the E-ram (like a turbo modification), but some carbs won't like the pressure spike (the E-ram is up to full speed in less than 1/2 a sec) and could damage the floats. As to the comments on vehicle usage, like trucks, I cannot say. But, this is the same unit that is used on cars, but we are flowing only a relatively small engine and a single cylinder. Think how an engine is a complex air pump. It draws air on the intake stroke and is limited by port size, pathway obstacles and intake size and other engine limitations. The E-ram essentially removes those obstacles. It would be similar to the perfect port job and valve re-sizing. Our dyno's don't necessarily support a LARGE hp gain, but it did show a HUGE torque and acceleration rise..........Again, sorry for the long-winded chat.

Hey Sandman, are you riding this weekend? I'm heading out to Horsefalls and plan to take the rocket motor for some more tests.

Old 04-29-2004 | 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sam
OK aftreburner I dont know if any one else is curious but I am, can you post some picks of this beast?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Sam,

Go to www.albaaction.com and you'll see my Raptor on the home page. It's the one that has the rocket motor on it. If you click on it, Alba made a music video of me testing the rocket at Sandlake, Oregon. See ya!

Old 04-29-2004 | 09:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Afterburner-Thanks for being so honest about your creation, I have always wondered about this type of stuff. I hope it works out for you, I would like to see some dyno #s and comparisons when you are done. I hope alba hooks you up with $$ if your idea make power. Its cool that you are including us in your adventure. If its proven to work, I would try it. Good luck

Old 04-29-2004 | 10:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The E-Ram sucks quite a bit of juice doesn't it? Are you going to isolate the battery or a bigger stator?

Old 04-30-2004 | 12:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider

afterburner i'm thinking florence on saturday, think i'm getting the nitrous going good enough to make a move at comp, want to see how the banshees look on the side instead of from behind[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] be cool if you could come have a couple 4 strokes making waves

Old 04-30-2004 | 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

Hey sixsixT,

You hit on the one downfall of the E-Ram.....high electrical load. It's not an issue for me because I will be operating no more than 4-6 seconds, such as in a comp hill dune race or at a 100 yard sand drag competition. So, it won't load me down too much. My E-ram is powered directly off the battery. 6 seconds of draw at 50 amps is a whole lot less than an equal starting cycle. But, without a rewind or higher power source, it wouldn't work for extended periods.

Hey Sandman, we should do Boxcar and blow away some two-strokes with our fire-breathers. Since I'm haulin the full RV/Trailer set-up, it would be hard for me to re-load and hit Florence. Maybe a daytrip to Sandlake next weekend???????

By the way, that VP oxygenated fuel really worked on the dyno. It gave a consistent 2-3 extra ponies by simply changing over to it.....but WOW, don't spill it. It smells like !@$. See ya!!

Old 04-30-2004 | 03:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Where on their web site does it talk about CFM (not boost)? How much CFM do these put out?

Old 04-30-2004 | 05:15 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like they work, but they are WAY WAY WAY WAY overpriced.

it appears that they are just a electric ducted fan bought from a radio controlled aircraft distributor, added a relay, micro switch, and a piece of rubber tubing.

you could probably piece it together yourself with off the shelf parts for HALF the cost!

Old 04-30-2004 | 05:17 AM
Pro Rider

Hell for that matter, just buy a 3" or 4" inline bilge blower (about $40) although, at 300cfm, it may not work.

Quick Reply: E-RAM SUPERCHARGER