CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

E-RAM SUPERCHARGER

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-RAM SUPERCHARGER

what do you think about this e-ram supercharger it puts out 1 psi and it can put out over 800 cfm i saw some one on the forum had it i was thinking this may be good for a few hp and relitivly safe its 300$ and if you dont see a hp increase on the dyno they will refund you money and pay 1/4 the dyno fee here is the link e-ram tell me what you think

Old 04-29-2004, 09:51 AM
sam
Pro Rider

Ive wondered about these as well. Would like to here any input.
Sam

Old 04-29-2004, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

I dont want to be the guinea pig. For that much cash I could make my own n2o kit that I know would work.
Justin

Old 04-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider

are sure that wouldn't restrict airflow with the blades in the way? seems it could give a little at take off but might get pasted by the engine vacum very soon

Old 04-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys, my calculated assumptions that this supercharger system will work is mainly based on current flow sciences (my aviation noggin in overdrive-sorry). Considering that the velocity of E-ram air at wide open throttle-WOT- (Use Bernoulli's Principle Equation) purports that v x (P2-P1) = V2 - V1/2. V squared= 2 x 16.86 x 7.5 x 144 x 32.2. Thus, Velocity equals the square root of 2 x v (p1 -p2) x sq. ft x 32.2. Or essentially, the accelerated air flow equals approximately 100 mph. Force is also determined by the equation Force=Mass x Acceleration. As the air flows through the carberator and ducting, it has a Mass flow rate=density x velocity x area.
MFR= den (air mas) x Vel (100mph) x area (intake) equates to approximately15 pounds of air available to the cylinder (similar to a turbo or conventional supercharger). Now that the fundementals are laid, I needed to consider the ramifications of this flow and pressure on the Raptor CV style carbs.Since it becomes obvious that these pressure values would most likely throw the carburation schedule out of kilter, the simplest application would be at "Wide-Open-Throttle" or WOT, whereas the slides at set full open position by the air pressure in the intake boots, fuel flow is maximized and the possibility of a dynamic fluid hammer effect associated with a moving carburator slide are eliminated. Also, Bernoulli's principle shows that a moving air mass will create a drop in pressure. Essentially, the cylinder will fill with intake air under extreme flow rates, but at a reduce pressure. Thus, the possibility of a piston or crankcase dynamic "push-back" pressure are reduced. A waste gate or regulator are not necessary. A high flow rate without a significant pressure increase also alleviates the need for jetting changes. BUT!!! The positive pressure WILL PREVENT the fuel from enterring the carb via the main jet unless it's under pressure. This causes it's own set of problems in the bowls (ask Mr. Turbo). My fix for the fuel requirements was with a fixed fuel injector using two fuel injector lines in the intake having the exact same jets as the mains and flowed under pressure higher than that of the E-ram (no need to vary, as in the carb, since the WOT and supercharger flow rates are constant values and a fixed fuel rate can be integrated. So, having said all this, my data supports that the system should work. Possibly not to the extremes of a turbo or NOS, but certainly without the wear and inherent damage potential typically associated with those systems. Wish me luck. SORRY FOR BEING LONG WINDED-Just trying to help..........

Old 04-29-2004, 12:15 PM
sam
Pro Rider

ummm yah what he said[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

good stuff afterburner, over my head but good stuff.

Old 04-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

With A.D.D. I did read it word for word all the way to Bernoulli's Principle Equation, then the A.D.D. kicked in what i want to know
is the short version. will it work
?

Trending Topics

Old 04-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It sounds like it should work, not quite as well as a Turbo, but at a cheaper price.

Old 04-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would take that $300 and spend it on mods that are known to work.

When I owned a Sea Doo several years back I mounted a high speed marine blower fan in the air intake under the seat. My goal was to pressurize the motor compartment in an effort to push air through the dual carbs. It was a great idea, but I can't say I noticed any gains with it. The blower fan, wiring, and switch cost me all of $50. Nowhere near $300!

Old 04-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

Shortest answer, yes-with certain mods and with certain types of carbs. Unless you're fuel injected (Cannondale-Polaris Utes, etc), you'll need to fix fuel delivery issues. You can go the expensive route and use carbs set up for turbos (vented, pressurized, accellerated, etc) or simply create an injection system on your own. Remember one thing, this will only work at wide open throttle! By the way, the HP results are not as high as NOS or turbos, but the torque and accelleration curve was impressivee. In other words, it puts your ponies to the ground RIGHT NOW! On the dyno, at WOT and around 1500 rpm, I spiked nearly vertical and peaked at 2300. Bear in mind, I built this for sand drags, too. Not sure how to make it work on MX, woods or anything that requires varying the fuel delivery.

Quick Reply: E-RAM SUPERCHARGER