CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

E-RAM SUPERCHARGER

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 06:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-RAM SUPERCHARGER

they put out over 800 cfm 2 will put out over 1100 cfm

Old 04-30-2004, 08:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Go to www.albaaction.com and you'll see my Raptor on the home page. It's the one that has the rocket motor on it. If you click on it, Alba made a music video of me testing the rocket at Sandlake, Oregon. See ya!
So what is the rocket doing for 'ya performance wise?

Old 04-30-2004, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

So what would the problem be with just running an efi setup like some of the guys on here are running? That would take care of the pressure problem and jetting problems once a map was figured out.

Justin

Old 04-30-2004, 12:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

KMS offers their EFI for about $1500. I could see trying this out if I had a turbo already.

I'll be watching this one. 3-4 more ponies would be real nice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it would work. its similar to a turbo charger b/c they are both forced air induction systems. this supercharger is a lot cheaper than a turbo charger. It would be sweet if it did work though.

Old 04-30-2004, 02:54 PM
Trailblazer

My first turboed car was carbed. Home built setup. Not very safe, but very fast! I had dual Webber 45DCOE carbs that i blew 15 PSI of turbo boost through. So the carbs were presurized and the fuel still flowed. Why? Because i presurized the float bowls as well.

Your box stock carb on a ds has about 14 psi of atmospheric boost presure pushing air in the carb, but it also has that same psi pushing on the exhaust, so you get no gain. Key here is that same 14 psi also pushes on the fuel tank and the float bowl. Everything is equal. Thats why fuel still gets sucked/pushed into the ventury or vacuum (less presure) of the carb.

When you blow your, 'amazing 1 psi' of boost through the carbs, why not tie the carb vents into the same presure streem, in affect raising atmospheric presure on the entire intake side of the motor. The presure on the intake of the carb should match the presure in the float bowl and any other venting the carb origonally had.

Gail Banks was doing this YEARS ago on the salt flats in big block transam's for speed runs. He essentially had a box built around the entire carb, then inject your boost into the box. You are cheeting mother nature and simulating say 30 psi on the intake side and only normal 14.7 on the exhaust. Thus you have your actual 15 or so PSI above atmospheric applied to the carbs, but the entire carb is in an equalized state of presure (15 psi). Well accept for the vacuum or less presure on the motor side.

Anyone understand that? It works. Its been done many times. Ive done it........

All you need then is a presure sensitive Fuel regulator and electric fuel pump to maintain .5 psi fuel presure above your boost psi to the carb. Otherwise it will run the carb dry if the fuel supply cant overcome the boost in the float bowl. I did that to. The car Had awsome acceleration to about 3rd gear, then it fell flat on its face (quit) till you got off the boost and the carbs filled back up..

Problem with this system is its prone to fuel leaks at high boost levels, and may require slight main jet change to ballance an differences in presure between the float bowl and the inlet of the carb if your venting system can equalize the presure frm the inlet side of teh carb to the fuel/jet side.

On a 2200cc motor in a 2300Lb car, you really didnt feel any seat off the pants power gains untill you turned the wick up to at leat 4 PSi of boost.

Maybe 1 psi would do the same on our little 650cc motors?

My bigger concern is that this little electric thing cant do what is claimed. And not fall apart and get sucked into my DS's motor. That would tick me off!

To each there own.. Im all for alternative preformance options and exparimentation, and choices, but I also like solid, maintenance free, reliable upgrades. With NOS, that bottle runs out, and you have to go pay $ to go fast again and again.... I could never deal with that, Its not me.. Turbos and superchargers once paied for, are there when you need them, as long as you need them!!!

If this thing is limmited to the amount of battery time or rectifier life/heat, and made out of little plastic parts that may fall apart and pulled into my motor, I'd never even consider using it.

But to each there own. If it works for you, more power to you?

Im out of breath.....

Old 04-30-2004, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Old 05-01-2004, 01:37 AM
Range Rover

I heard its the same as the the fans I use in my electric ducted fan model jets.......................
believe me, they push some air!

Old 05-07-2004, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider

Hey !!! what grade of fuel is that VP oxygenated fuel ?MR pro4?

Old 05-07-2004, 01:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

MR-PRO4=

• Motor Octane: 89
• Research Octane: 102