CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Friends are more than just riding buddies!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friends are more than just riding buddies!

We all have our own circle of friends, and yes we all have friends we ride with. This forum has been the catalyst for several new friendships both e-minded and in person.
Many of you know Annihalator (Mario). Some have questioned his intent, some have even tried to call him out. What you may not know about Mario is that if your a genuine person, he'll give you the shirt off his back and then some. I talk to him about twice a week or so. We both live in the Vegas area, thus are able to talk cheaply. We've shared some dyno time, shared some duning and even shared a couple of sudds. He has helped tune my MONSTER LECTRON, gave me some advise on my DS, and his last effort is one for the books.
As many of you know, since my stage 2 and lectron my bike is faily uncontrollable on the start. My weight and the Hauler extreme blades make the start kind of a harry ride. I never knew what was going to happen. Mario called up one day and said, "Dude, I've got a +3 swing arm waiting for you". After about a week of trying to get together, he brought the arm over and we started doing the swap. The arm cleaned up like new, and was just about ready for install. I had asked him what he wanted for it, and I kind of pressured him to come up with HIS price over the week. I knew that it was a solid piece, because just about everything he does is right on. After a little work in my garage we went into my theater and watched a video of him smoking another big bore DS. Fun to watch and the video was extremely vivid - Nice job Margret!
After I asked him for the 15th time what he wanted for the swing arm, he came up with a price of $280. Remember this was a LIKE-NEW EyeBall Engineering Swing arm built to last. I dropped the duckets in his hands and on the way out, he was more worried If I thought I got a good deal, than if he got enough money.
Mario is a man of his word and someone who you can all trust. He is cocky when it comes to shooting the hill..... he's earned the that. If you don't think his thumper-sled is fast, I'm sure he'll line up when ever you're ready.
Just about every time I talk to him, he's trying to get me to throw in one of the big bore motors he's got sitting around. UNREAL!!!!!
Mario, thanks for the Swing Arm. Thanks for the help, and most of all, thanks for being a good guy. Our DS hobby is fun because of guys like you. You are always trying something new and letting the rest of us know what works and what doesn't.

Your Pal,

BigDaddy

For those that have lined up with me in the past.... soft starts are no longer an issue - I'll be waiting at the top! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2004, 01:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider

hey i'll call mario out our last race was one of the best for me it was real close all the way up sand mt., then we sat around and had fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2004, 02:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Hey Mike those are some kind words, There must be another Mario in Vegas..J/K..lol
Mike, I am nice to people who are straight up and honest. I, 99.9% am a very good judge of character, and I knew you were a straight up honest individual when Tony and I met ya @ dyno. As you know, and everyone should- there is very few true "real" people in this Small world of ours. I have met your family, very respectfull and well mannered & nice Kids, Beautifull & nice wife also. It all reflects on your self.
YOU call people out when in doubt, we all respect that. That is the way it should be. I was talking to Tony today and I told him I was concerned that you expressed your 3hr labor fee and was wondering if you were happy w/ the deal , and I asked tony if he thinks I gave you a good deal (he thought so)..LMAO, Its all good, I consider you a friend anyways you earned it!!!.
We are going to Pabco Tomorrow(we will be past the water plant 1/2 mile on left side on paved road down hollywood) to test some stuff out Bring the fam if you want, let me know if your going, I would call ya now but its too late and were getting our kick-on around the crib. There are alot of stand up fellas on this forum, I can honestly say your one of them. Thanks for the again for the nice comments.

Old 05-01-2004, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

I agree, Mario is a great guy. His wife is very nice too. He has offered to let me borrow carbs and I may buy one from him over the summer. He has given me lots of free advice. Boy, I remember when I used to beat him up the hill![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

By the way Tony, I haven't forgotten about you either.

I'll be calling you today, Can you come over and take my head off?

I may meet you guys at Pabco, just depends on what time you are going.

Al

Old 05-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

I have a friend just like him. They always go the extra mile to help you and never want anything in return. Cant go wrong with good friends...actually now that I think of it all of my friends are like that. too bad they are all 21-25 and im only 16. Oh well it's all good.

Old 05-01-2004, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

I feel like moving to Vegas.

Old 05-02-2004, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Mario...looks like you got some competition. I would say BigDaddy is also a good judge of character.

Not only is Mario top notch. So is his wife Margret. Extreemly good people.

Old 05-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

you know what up dogg, we talked many nights around that campfire, Most of my close friends and riding buddies i met on this forum...It's great to be part of the crowd...I only surround myself around real people, it's one of the few great tru things we have left today..JMO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2004, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BADRAPTOR
you know what up dogg, we talked many nights around that campfire, Most of my close friends and riding buddies i met on this forum...It's great to be part of the crowd...I only surround myself around real people, it's one of the few great tru things we have left today..JMO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
you know it.

Old 05-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.

I barely know either of you..only from the reading I do on here. But if you look closely at what people say/type, you can almost read into their character......(of course its still easy to misinterpret things too)

For example...
MONSTER LECTRON
Ya know what I mean?

Quick Reply: Friends are more than just riding buddies!