CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

BlackHawk's Lectron 46HV Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004 | 12:40 AM
|
Extreme Pro Rider
Default BlackHawk's Lectron 46HV Review

Entomber,

When I wick the throttle it just hammers the tires, no bog or hesitation. My tires have so much slip that the front end wont come up and all I do is spin the tires until the speed catches up. I'm looking forward to the new tires with extra grip so I can get more power to the ground.

Eric has been excellent in keeping touch with me as I spend what little time I have fine tuning this thing. I'd like to call Eric someday, when I have time. These days I'm pretty busy so it's email or nothing.

Hightower,

I think the sticking can be predominantly overcome to the point of being a non issue even for people with sore thumbs. Sandaholic's throttle was operating over the weekend how I hope to get mine to work in the future. Even now, it's a pretty minor issue, but alas it is the ONLY issue...

jetsnow600,

I've been wondering that for a while now. Why didn't Bombardier just use that EFI system starting with the 2000 DS650? As much of a landslide as the 2000 DS650 was, it would have been that much more of an impact if it had come from the factory with EFI. I haven't heard of anying using the F650's EFI on the DS though. I heard the EFI for the F650 was a couple of thousand dollars from the BMW dealer - if that is true that could explain it. However you would think someone could find a junked / parted F650 and pull the EFI off of that and make it work, right?

I also do agree with Sandaholic 100% about EFI being the direction to go in. I doubt there were any production automobiles (mainstream) that were equipped with a carburetor in the year 2000, why should ATVs be any different? Afterall, I paid $7400 & $6900 for this machine you would have thought they could have tossed in an EFI system for the price!

that is the great thing about having two DS650s - I've got the carburetor now and it's given me gains that I love, in a year or two when EFI has had some real world experience and isn't so new I'll know wether or not I want it & who I want it from. Then I can get rid of that second BSR42...

Old 05-06-2004 | 01:45 AM
Range Rover

Has anybody with the Lectron carb ever dyno'ed their setup before and after adding the Lectron ??

I mean if you already have a K & N Filter , open Air Box , properly jetted stock Carb , slip on muffler , CDI , etc etc ...

do a dyno run , ..

then add the ported intake and Lectron ......and Dyno again ???????????

Then do something really sick and take the Lectron off and put the stock Carb back on and Dyno again .......

Then tell me what u see ???????????

: )

Old 05-06-2004 | 08:20 AM
Pro Rider

Entomber,

The only problem I have on my 04 with the lectron when I whack on it is.....The front end all up in my face. Same if you are rolling in second. Smack on it and you WILL have to let out if it gets any traction.
Justin

Old 05-06-2004 | 09:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Frist Blackhawk KMS has already built fuel injection for the ds and so far its looking real good !!!!!
second.And with out a dought hightower has hit on something that is a fact on my dual carb setup i have massive springs to make sure they will alway's close if i run them long i have to use a palm paddle to assit in the throttle motion !!!!! due to the simple design all lectrons eriod inside the flat alum slide rubbing on the alum housing causes black dust which is very comon in lectron carbs!!! but oh well !!!

Third my flight over the top of olds a FSW1 was due to a lectron carb freezing up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And it sounded like this "THUD" "BING" "BANG" "SPLAT" !!!!!!

Old 05-06-2004 | 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

Mr Hp charges about 800.00 for his whole kit, EFI may be worth looking into http://kmsturbo.com/ds650.html
I checked out the site, TURBO...as my eyes widen!!!!!! and a smile comes across my face!

Old 05-06-2004 | 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

thats interesting. how come they say a stock ds has 28 hp and you will have 41 hp with there turbo setup? its only $3200 more than a lectron package. I think I will go buy one today.

Old 05-06-2004 | 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah I read that, I think thats the 400ex stats

Old 05-06-2004 | 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

yea, your right. after looking a second time. it says 397cc also.

Old 05-06-2004 | 11:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Well i have never been to there sight. But i guareenty you there stock bore turbo ds will half hill you and come back for more !!! And the fuel injection is only like 1200-1500. i belive. And no one i mean no one can tune a bike that will out preform a like moded fuel injected bike its a new game and injection is the main player!!!!! And to fight that is futile you will be asimulated[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2004 | 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

Yes I asked them to quote a system for the DS, that can add the turbo later.

Quick Reply: BlackHawk's Lectron 46HV Review