CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Any DS Owners go to Silver Lake?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any DS Owners go to Silver Lake?

If you have ever visited Silver Lake with your "Piped" DS..did it pass the sound check of 94db's?

What kind of pipe was it?

Old 05-06-2004, 08:17 AM
sam
Pro Rider

I got the 5" supertrapp end cap w/ 18 disk and its fairly loud. and my cuz had a fmfpc4 and had no prob getting in. but you must have the spark arrestor on/in because they will poke check w/ a stick. but I wouldnt worry about sound. its been like that every year I go.
when you going?
Sam

Old 05-06-2004, 08:43 AM
Trailblazer

There's no sound level as such. all you have to have is a screen spark arrestor. they'll poke a probe up the muffler to make sure there's one there then you're on your way. i've gone every holiday weekend for 5 years and thats the way it always is.

Old 05-06-2004, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

So you guys are saying that as long as its SA'ed, sound is NOT checked..even on a Holiday weekend? We were there about 3 weeks ago and they were checking spark arrestors, but not sound. I just assumed they would inforce the sound issue more in the summer.

My inlaws have 3 cabins up there and we vacation 3-4 times a year..not always to ride though. We're going over Memorial day weekend..but with no bikes..(family time)...thats gonna suck..

Old 05-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

They do check sound, but its usually when some idiot rides up to the entrance reving his motor. If they check, and you pass, they put a band on your handlebars noting that its been checked and they dont bother you for the rest of the day. But if you fail, just get a few more discs for the spark arrester, and that will do the trick.

By the way, the club I belong to and I will be there next Thursday thru Saturday. I will be unleashing my completely rebuilt Ds for the first time there. All motor work done by HP Research, and all the dressing up done by myself. I have everything done to the motor accept for the big bore. Bring on the Banshees,

Gary

Old 05-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Trailblazer

I went there last summer a bunch of times with my Trinity pipe with no problems. That thing was way over the db level too! It was awesome. At least the sound was... but thats a diffferent story. So anyways I am going over memorial weekend with some friends. Your DS sounds trick Gary, take em all on!

Old 05-06-2004, 01:29 PM
Range Rover

I have went with a piped Raptor that was very loud they didnt even say a thing....But right in front of us was an ATC250R with full FmF pipes they stoped that and sound checked it....That was the last weekend they were open last year though...

Old 05-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Trailblazer

Been going for 5 years, never sound checked once. Full Graydon exhaust. Enough said.

Old 05-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I plan on a trip at some point. I don't normally run with the supertrapp discs in, guess I'll have to put them on.

what's this voucher system, how does it work??? is there a lack of enough parking?

Old 05-06-2004, 09:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a raptor with full ct pipe and all 16 discs in. They have never asked me. My friend had a pro circut powercore4 pipe on his warrior and they tested him everytime. He passed.

On a side note, they gate people are idiots. They dont understand the concept of a disc style arrestor. They claimed the STAMPED usfs approved label on my encap was fake and that I had no arrestor. I guess no one has ever seen a supertrapp type endcap. It took about 15 minutes and an offer to call ct and the usfs to get him to let me in.

Quick Reply: Any DS Owners go to Silver Lake?