CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Any DS'ers out in San Diego... wanna ride MEX??

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any DS'ers out in San Diego... wanna ride MEX??

I will go for a ride at Glamis. I have not been south for 35 years after I got robbed by the police. I was lucky a friend sent 2 week in a TJ jail till his parents paid his fine of $2000.00 for drunk in public. Now they just take you to an ATM machine and take you money. Plus my DS is still apart have a hell of a time getting the new swing arm on.

Old 05-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Range Rover

Johnny, Plaster City would work for me. Let me know next time you are going to do any riding out there. I had always wanted to do some D38 races, but my old bike just wasn't up to it. I waited to long to get the bomb, and now that Fud(RIP) isn't around any more, looks like D38 is falling apart????

Oh yeah, my one picture was taken at Glamis. I've only ridden the new bike at Glamis and Plaster City. I went to Alba to get the radiator scoops, but they didn't have them in stock the day I was there. So I picked up the silver carbon fiber frame guards and was waiting for them to get some more silver scoops in.

Old 05-12-2004, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Dezracer... I'll be there on the 22nd... where you prerunnin'??? Where's main camp for you? Are ya prerunnin' on something other than a quad... a bike I presume, the 450?! Lemme' know, maybe we can 'clink' our mugs together for a beer or sumthin. I'll be there with some buds who race class 16, we'll be on CRF450s.... pre-runnin' like mad dogs!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Bill... I hear ya on the "being robbed" thing. I've been lucky I guess (I didn't want to say that, and jinx myself... but now I can't say that anymore...) and I speak pretty good Spanish for a white boy.... it all helps. Plus... I don't get drunk when I'm on my DS (or any bike/quad/vehicle). So I don't have to worry about being hassled in that manner. And ya know, I've seen a lot of crraaaazy stuff down there. But nothing that wasn't deserved or just an accident. And ya know... when an accident happens, I'd much rather be in the States. But Life Flight does make Mexico calls, they'll come to a GPS coordinate. But be prepared to pay big dolla!!! Either way, I'll still ride MeHeeCo. But hey... I'll keep ya informed on the next Glamis trip. Should be Halloweeeenie!

04DS.... Sure... I'll let ya know when we ride out there... but I may forget to let ya know as it won't be till the heat goes away. And that'll be a long time from now. How about sending me an email later in the year?? My first LONG trip to Glamis will be Halloween... I usually go for about 14 days. Yes, 14 days!! Me and my 2 dogs, campin' off of Gecko Road. So nice to be there for that long. You see people come and go.... and get some time when there's really nobody there. So nice. Anyway... off on another tangent.... I ride often. Mostly in Mex do to the Weather in the desert being too hot right now. There'll be some quick Cantamar (Mexico Dunes past Rosarito) trips... but other than that... MEx OR BuST!

Either way, I'll post our rides on ATVConnection... keep all the bros informed! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Johnnyairtime
Dezracer... I'll be there on the 22nd... where you prerunnin'??? Where's main camp for you? Are ya prerunnin' on something other than a quad... a bike I presume, the 450?! Lemme' know, maybe we can 'clink' our mugs together for a beer or sumthin. I'll be there with some buds who race class 16, we'll be on CRF450s.... pre-runnin' like mad dogs!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Bill... I hear ya on the "being robbed" thing. I've been lucky I guess (I didn't want to say that, and jinx myself... but now I can't say that anymore...) and I speak pretty good Spanish for a white boy.... it all helps. Plus... I don't get drunk when I'm on my DS (or any bike/quad/vehicle). So I don't have to worry about being hassled in that manner. And ya know, I've seen a lot of crraaaazy stuff down there. But nothing that wasn't deserved or just an accident. And ya know... when an accident happens, I'd much rather be in the States. But Life Flight does make Mexico calls, they'll come to a GPS coordinate. But be prepared to pay big dolla!!! Either way, I'll still ride MeHeeCo. But hey... I'll keep ya informed on the next Glamis trip. Should be Halloweeeenie!

04DS.... Sure... I'll let ya know when we ride out there... but I may forget to let ya know as it won't be till the heat goes away. And that'll be a long time from now. How about sending me an email later in the year?? My first LONG trip to Glamis will be Halloween... I usually go for about 14 days. Yes, 14 days!! Me and my 2 dogs, campin' off of Gecko Road. So nice to be there for that long. You see people come and go.... and get some time when there's really nobody there. So nice. Anyway... off on another tangent.... I ride often. Mostly in Mex do to the Weather in the desert being too hot right now. There'll be some quick Cantamar (Mexico Dunes past Rosarito) trips... but other than that... MEx OR BuST!

Either way, I'll post our rides on ATVConnection... keep all the bros informed! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

We will be riding from Uruapan down the course to San Telmo Rd. (170 miles) on Saturday. Plan on spending the night at the Old Mill Sat night and be home on Sunday! I will be Prerunning on the race bike YFZ450 quad.

I

Old 05-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 04DS650
Johnny, Plaster City would work for me. Let me know next time you are going to do any riding out there. I had always wanted to do some D38 races, but my old bike just wasn't up to it. I waited to long to get the bomb, and now that Fud(RIP) isn't around any more, looks like D38 is falling apart????

Oh yeah, my one picture was taken at Glamis. I've only ridden the new bike at Glamis and Plaster City. I went to Alba to get the radiator scoops, but they didn't have them in stock the day I was there. So I picked up the silver carbon fiber frame guards and was waiting for them to get some more silver scoops in.

D38 is stronger now than it has been since the early 90s!
AMA Sidewinders D38

Old 05-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the info DEZ! I hadn't researched the D38 stuff too much, only the Fudrace website, and that was looking pretty bleak. Maybe I'll see you one of these weekends out there.

Old 05-13-2004, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

As they say on Prom night.... "last chance for romance...."

We'll be at the Tecate Border by about 8:30am... if not earlier.
Anyone interested... let me know and join us. It should be a fun, slightly fast, maybe muddy, definitely dusty, 140 or so mile ride!!!!!

Shoot me email to let me know, I don't always check on the forum. Ride or Die! My beloved motto..... "Die Trying" or you too can be a part of it.... DieTrying.COM