CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Pre-ran the Baja 500 Saturday.... DS's R #1

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre-ran the Baja 500 Saturday.... DS's R #1

Just gotta remind all you....

If you first haven't had the chance to ride Baja.... do it! It's soooo awesome.

Then... the DS is a true performer. Everytime I ride that hog, I find it to uphold anything and everything I can put it through. I mean... I rode 250 miles Saturday across anything from an ALL river rock road... to roads and ravines... to watercrossings... through whoops, and some of the worst silt... And that DS is one badass machine.

I also paired up with another DS for about 80miles... but had to wait for some buddies and let him ride off. If you are him... say "hi". (You had a red/yellow DS and a little action figure tied to your back. I also recognized you from the San Felipe 250)

Anyway...
I just had to tell you all... if you haven't rode Baja on your DS Baja... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] DO IT!!! It's such an awesome experience. Especially when you parallel about 100miles of coast line.... riding 100ft to 500yards off the beach. You see a ship wreck, small camp spots... incredible coast line... (meet) excellent people.... dead cows.... LOL... you name it.

Oh... and I just got a taller seat on the Bomb....
WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! So plush.... so comfy...!!!! The only thing is you might feel like you're sitting on the cab of your truck with a steering wheel... (darn thing is tall!), but I got used to mine in about 1 mile. Just awesome.

Cheers!!

Old 05-24-2004, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

Did we see each other? I saw the other mexican with the DS and the action figure at Santa Domingo. I had a white and red YFZ450. I rode from Santo Tomas to Santo Domingo on Saturday and Sunday. This weekend I will be going from the Start to Uruapan a couple times. If you would like to tag along It would be awesome having another rider!

Old 05-24-2004, 09:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

sounds like you had fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

DEZ no ds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I still wish you luck and gods speed!

Old 05-24-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AZSAND
DEZ no ds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I still wish you luck and gods speed!

No more DS650. My new YFZ is the best quad I have ridden. Its light has all the power and speed I need with 15-35 gearing and with the Elkas shocks and a arms has 12in of travel up front and 13.5in. in the rear. It is a blast ride. The only thing I miss is the 100 miles I could go on my DS the YFZ with the IMS tank is lucky to see 65-70 miles.

Old 05-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

How many miles can you get on the YFZ with the stock tank?

(Thanks, looking to go from Glamis to Gordon's Well next year on the Sand Hwy with a few in the group that have YFZ's.)

Old 05-25-2004, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for sharing. May have to do it sometime. I like the distance events.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2004, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So do you guys iron man the bigger races 500-250 or do you have a team?
I’m dead tired after 120 mil race
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2004, 08:37 AM
Pro Rider

Where do you get a desert seat for the DS? I had one on my Banshee and would love to get one for my DS.

Old 05-25-2004, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DezRacer
Did we see each other? ~snip~ If you would like to tag along It would be awesome having another rider!
I'm not sure....
I was riding kinda sick (and lathargic... not all my wits about me)... I wasn't too observant. But I did see three other quads riding together... one of them a Banshee. The other two I wasn't sure. I was just thinking the guy on the Banshee must have loved the dust and how it was loading up... It didn't sound too crisp. I only stopped once or twice to wait for fellow amigos (2 XR650s, 1 KTM, and one other all black STOCK Yamadawg 450 quad). Again... I'm not sure. We had our friends park our vehicle at San Quentin (The Old Mill).... and we had ate lunch at the first place on the left coming into San Quentin. But didn't see too many riders down there.... or maybe that was because I was sleeping on a patch of grass after I ate (waiting for another group of friends who started behind us). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'd love to ride this weekend... my roomates going to pre-run the first half on Monday, but I can't as I'll be at the River. Relaxing and soaking up some rays.

You have fun and be safe... (as safe as you can be anyway).

Peace

Quick Reply: Pre-ran the Baja 500 Saturday.... DS's R #1