CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Who Owns the Busa powered DS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Owns the Busa powered DS?

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
A BUSA you ask....?

Well It's actually a Hayabusa, built by Suzuki. It's the Fastest sport bike ever put into production on the planet. The Busa comes with over 160hp to the rear wheels and is only about 520lbs wet.

I've got one in my garage [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

My Busa dyno'd at 174hp to the rear wheels. I have a Yoshimira Stainless RS3 racing exhaust and a DynoJet PCIIIr computer with custom mapping. I can tell you from experience that I have never felt anything in my life as fast as these bikes. I've raced Boats, cars and even Quads [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Quite frankly, I don't see how these bikes are legal. I mean that.

You know that initial planted-in-seet feeling you get from your VERY fast quads when you dump the clutch....???....? Times that by 10 and then try to imagine the power NEVER stopping and only getting stronger to 150mph (maybe even higher, but you're concentrating to much on the road and forget the speed). This weekend a whole butt load of us took a trip down to the GRAND CANYON CAVERNS and back. We did 160+ MANY TIMES DURING THE TRIP. GPS backed up our numbers with 163's and 164's. Could have been some higher, but I don't know. We had some pretty good wind both cross and head, that made things kind of crazy at high speeds. I can tell you that once you are going that fast, the center line becomes solid and things get pretty interesting. Not a lot of time to peak down at your speedo, cus things come up real quick. 1999, the manufactures came up with a handshake deal to keep the bikes limited electronicly (in 6th gear) to 187. This happened due to the government applying heavy pressure to all parties involved. In 2000 all new BUSA's were limited and thus the top speed war ended with no competitors in sight. MANY 1999 Busas have been clocked at 200+ in stock trim and up to 215 with simple computer and exhaust mods. No bike in history has ever been so exstensively tested in the wind tunnel as the BUSA. The stock hp numbers don't take into account the RAM air system at speeds over 75mph, let alone at 187mph.

oh.... before I go nuts here.... That's what a busa is.

Bigdaddy
Actually the Busa is around 560lbs. wet. About 525lbs. dry. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

NOT MINE.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Loose the stock tires, BAR ends, top triple, secondary lower faring, stock chain, stock exhaust, tail lights, stock screen, stock pegs, and run the airbox mod..... and a 1/4 tank of fuel

519lbs

VERY NASTY!!!!!!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2004, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

One more Hayabusa meaning "Falcon" actually happens to be like what we call the peregrine falcon they can dive at speeds over 190mph
I had read it was like a shot at the 1100xx since it was the BlackBird.
As far as the ride, you really cant explain it on here.You really just have to ride one. Even a stocker is a fun ride. Then try it with 100hp shot NX wet system. NLR sells turbo kits that make around 600rwhp. They are alot of fun.
Justin
PS mine weighed in right at 500lbs

Old 06-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Nice to talk to another BUSA owner. Many have different and WAY lighter swing arms, wheels, forks, brakes etc. etc.

Your are right. You just can't explain how much acceleration there is. Truely have never really felt anything like it. Stock 0 - 60 speeds equal and sometimes beat INDY CAR numbers. Biggest problem with so much HP, is that the front wheel doesn't want to touch the ground.

Fastest numbers at Midnight Madness have been:
10.68 @ 142 (nice head wind at the time)

9.86 @ 148 (no wind to speak of)

Started out running mid 11's and then with practice, the times sharpened right up.

My old ZX 10 ran:
10.90's at 135 +/-
but it had a big bore kit and was carburated.

As fast as it was - it was pretty much topped out. NOT smooth at all and felt as if you were at it's limit both the aerodynamic and mechanical end.

BUSA feels as good at 140 as it does at 100.

-UNREAL-

Sorry for the BUSA stuff, but it's VERY infectious.

BigDaddy

Old 06-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You two BUSA BASTARDS shut the hell up!!! your gonna have me buying one LOL.

Now ack to the origional question. WHO does the BUSA DS belong to, and please someone get him on here so I can hammer him with questions![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 06-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry Bigger.....

didn't mean to infect you. I'll send you a PM of the monster just to get your mind turning a bit.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, I got a big surprise this morning. Instead of a 954 Honda, I recieved a R1 motor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

The motor looks alright but it didnt come with the ECU!! or the headers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I'm not even positive that it is an R1. how can I be sure??? The tranny shifts through all the gears. But I wanted what I payed for. I will have to wait till NOON my time before I can call the seller. I hope I calm down alittle before then...............

BIgger.

Old 06-04-2004, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

Still not a bad motor...... world on the R1 is that it has to be wound up pretty good to get any power. Kind of like a Banshee compared to a DS. Should be very smooth power though....

Old 06-04-2004, 12:21 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Yea there is nothing wrong with the r1 motor, they make good power, they changed them a little in 04 and are even better. You busa guys better be on your toes, being the new zx10 came out, I have seen one at the drag strip running 9.30's with just a slip on and slamed suspension. I was impressed....

Old 06-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yesterday I stopped by my buddies house that I hadn't seen in a couple of monts. He takes me out in the garage to check out his new toy. Its a damn Busa he bought off of e-bay from a guy down in SoCal. Now if I can only convince him to pull out the motor so I can stuff it in my DS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Who Owns the Busa powered DS?