CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Just got back from Utah and Walden

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got back from Utah and Walden

Spent the past 8 days out west, me and my fellow Flatlanders hit Little Sahara Utah and Walden Colorado this year.
Hooked up with Air and Trxoutlawz again, as well as Sandgod for a day. met all kinds of new people, lots of fellow forum members, all realy great people. Killer weather, sand conditions, food, watermelon, cold beer, and an 8' wide projection screen TV showing Huevos VI in the middle of the desert where there aint even any power.
It was awesome fun, great bowl riding, razors everywhere, steller hill climbs, and not to mention shooting the face of the mountain at night.

Met a couple DS's out there - Anihilator, and a couple other non-forum guys. Anihilator's DS is super fast man, its a 720 with pretty much everything done that can be done, including a drag pipe and super narrow stance, totally made strictly for drags period, with a power band exactly like a two stroke. i mean forget about trying to lug up to speed from the bottom in 3rd, you gotta wind it up and keep it up there, and as long as you do, well it takes a hell of a banshee to catch it. It even beats stock DS's on the bottle.
I missed Majorecho - he had to leave before I arrived - wis I would've seen that turbo, but I heard all the stories. Seems his DS can give Mario a run for his money...

The mountian trails at Walden are killer man, I've never ran endless miles of fire roads wide open in 4th gear before, sailing of snow dams at 50 mph around every corner....and the 14/41 gearing with the 22" Knarly's was exactly perfect for this terrain. The really low 1st gear is totally appreciated for taking the 1,500 foot straight up hill climb full of rocks and boulders. Got ran out early by a hail storm though, had to pack up the tents while getting pelted by marble size ice. But it was way worth it!!

Old 06-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds great [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I hope to make it next time!

Old 06-19-2004, 10:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Hightower, Glad to meet you, and glad to hear you guys made it back safe. Dont forget, you also beat that ds on nos on my bike and you gave him a good head start.. Or did he say he wasnt spraying at that time when you caught him on top of the hill[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
It was fun runnin the hill w/ all yall. (next time you ride it dont be so shy!!!LOL)

By the way, I will attest again that hightowers tm45 runs better throughout the power range than my tm 45 and others I have rode. It made good power down low and still revved out high on top. I dont know what your final recipe for your carb components, But the thumb pull was very easy also. Good job on your set-up.

Old 06-19-2004, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

Sounded like a killer trip, tv in the middle of nowhere-excellent. I been to walden a couple of times and had as much fun up on the trails as I did in the sand. thanks for the post.

Old 06-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

thanks annihilater, the recipe is not complicated and I'm happy to share with anyone who wants to pm me. the smooth and long rev is partially due to the a1/a2 cams from rwr, perfect trail and dune cams.
It was good to meet you too, I enjoyed the spin on your quad, boy I sure am really sorry about getting that boot all over you drag pipe man, I never realized my foot was so big! How can I make it up to you? Didn't mean to be so easy on your bike riding it, but I was feeling out that power band and boy is it wierd - just like a 2-stroke man, amazing, never felt that on a thumper before, I need to spend more time out west!

Old 06-21-2004, 04:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Hightower, Please dont worry a bit about that pipe, I Did the same thing right before you did, The pipe had shifted, it is no big deal brotha.

Old 06-21-2004, 09:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hightower, Walden must have somthing nice to pass up St Anthonys this year. Do you have any pictures of Walden to share? It sounds like a fun place to ride. TIA

Old 06-22-2004, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

lol, when were you out there? we spent 8 days at little sahara, hahns peak, and walden ! lol (we just got back last wednesday)

i saw a few DS's out there but nothing special. (didnt seem like anyone was from the forum but i didnt get a chance to ask EVERY person..)

**edit** i see you guys got caught in that storm as well ay? our buddies trailor took a thrasing because we were on the highway for awhile when it was blowing up really bad (looks like someone tooke a paintball gun to the front of thier trailor lol)

Old 06-22-2004, 01:26 AM
Trailblazer

Roost
if you where at sand mountain utah saturday the 12th that is when Annihilater and myself raced on and off from 10 am to 4 pm. there was acouple of really good runs between us and I know we where running close to 50 mph up the hills, thats fairly fast for utah four strokes. I dont know of any that are curently running in that ballpark. I know of a couple that have potential to but arent there yet.

Old 06-22-2004, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

we were there saturday but just to scope the place out (got there at like 5 and didnt feel like unloading for a couple hours of riding) but didnt start riding till sunday. (not too many ppl there)

Quick Reply: Just got back from Utah and Walden