CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

carb pouring out gas while wheeling

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 11:43 AM
sam
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb pouring out gas while wheeling

While I was wheeling Sunday my bro in law said gas was pouring out while I was riding a wheelie I know it would a little bit but he said it was really excesive. its a TM45 my gess is floats are off or I need a needle & seat. any other sugestions. also when I take the bowl off to chang jets and put it back on and turn on fuel it will pour out the over flow tube but I tap it once and it stops. I think when Im wheeling its comming out the over flow and the vent tube on the side to. sound like a foat adjustment problem? or something else?

Sam

Old 06-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

may just be adjustment, but if it does it all the time, or if you're parked on flat ground and shake the bars and get a bunch trickle out, its dirt in the seat or a bad rubber tip on the needle. you gotta remove the seat to clean it well - the tiniest of micro-dirt will cause a bad seal. if you clean it well and can't get a good seal, the needle otta be replaced because the rubber on the tip can look good to the eye but it still may not be good enough to seal well. also the o-ring around the seat can be to blame, I've had to replace mine. lube it well prior to reassembly or it can get shaved when inserting the seat into the pocket and then leak. the o-ring is kinda an odd size, I had trouble matching it up with bulk o-ring stock, if your hardware store can't match it you can always call RWR - they have it all, that's where I get all my TM parts because they are quick and service is good, and parts are cheap - like $2 a jet for example, $12 for a needle.

Old 06-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Trailblazer

The TM-45 is essentially a HSR-45 Carb... You can go directly to your local Harley Dealer for Parts....