CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Visco-lok adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004 | 03:43 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Visco-lok adjustment?

I've a 03 Outlander that I would like the Visco-lok to engage more positively, and at a lower speed differential. It works fine in snow and mud, but could stand improvement when rock crawling, ie. taking off from a dead stop, uphill, with one front wheel in the air. In this situation, my rear wheels have to spin to generate enough front wheel speed for the Visco-lok to begin engaging, kind of dangerous- possible flip over. the Visco-lok does work,I've taken one front wheel off, blocked it up on a creeper and jacked my rear wheels off the ground with an ATV jack- it pulls itself around my driveway with the one front wheel touching. Has anyone had the chance to compare the various Bombardier models (Traxter, Quest, Outlander) and their ability to lock the front ends? Are they built to different specs? Thanks guys.

Old 06-27-2004 | 02:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

As far as adjustment goes, I think your out of luck. Unless you wnat to buy a Traxter pump.
I have not personally compaired the Outy against the Traxter or Quest but I have read that the Outy is slow to engage compaired to the other two. I know my Traxter is seamless, almost like a spool in the front and rear. So are they built to different specs? From what I have read, I think so. Why does Bomb do this? Mmmmmmmmmm, I think they do it because the Traxter is a true ute and they need this thing to lock up very early or you are going to get stuck quick!!! The Outy is a sport ute and people that buy them want the sporty feeling that they give. Thats my 2 cents.

Old 06-28-2004 | 08:35 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your reply, I'm going to talk to the dealer and ask him to contact Bombardier. It'll be interesting to see if i get any advice from them.