CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

All Lectron 46 Owners I need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 01:42 AM
Air
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Lectron 46 Owners I need help

If you trail ride sell it and get a Mikuni.

Old 06-29-2004, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

All Sand

Old 06-29-2004, 04:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Air,

try a -properly- setup Lectron, there is no use for any Mikuni in my life - except on my stock DS.

Old 06-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Air
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackHawk
Air,try a -properly- setup Lectron, there is no use for any Mikuni in my life - except on my stock DS.
I ride Sand, Mountains and desert. Without a Accel pump in the nasty tight stuff I ride and the issues with sticking no way. Some of us rid other places than sand or drags.

Old 06-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Air,

I understand what you are saying & while most of California's riding areas are not tight or technical I have rode some areas that are. Personally I ride a lot more than just Sand Dunes, though I have been doing that a lot lately as it is more fun (especially since it is somewhat new to me vs. dirt trails etc.) I think you are reading too much into this 'stickyness' as a girl can easily use it under any circumstances, it's not something that will cause a rider to have trouble with throttle control. My throttle is so perfect right now there is virtually no difference between it and a stock throttle aside from it being a billet aluminum housing. I can lay the throttle on easily, or hard with no trouble or hesitation and no worrys, deceleration was a concern earlier when my Lectron was not setup correctly however I tested that thoroughly this weekend and it's not even a slight issue anymore now that my carburetor is setup correctly. The only problem I actually had was that sand had gotten into my cable and caused it to move very poorly.

I'm not trying to sell you on the Lectron, no one anything is right for everyone (we all know that not everyone likes the DS, Raptor or YFZ) however I'd like you to understand a little more about how it does work and that if you are concerned about it for one reason or another, those reasons you've brought up are non-issues when the carburetor is setup correctly.

I personally looked at the TM45 ever since I bought my first DS in February of 2001 - I -NEVER- liked it well enough to buy it. After hearing about the Lectron, then speaking with people I was already good friends with (online at least) and see what they had to say about it I knew this was a much better carburetor for me (100% of the people I know who had the TM45 at the time were all into drag racing more than I was, so I was not buying a carburetor looking for a 'drag' carb. I was looking for something that would give me more power all around so I can continue to ride dunes, trails and just have fun which I like to do a lot more than drag racing.)

I can also understnad how you feel about the EFI and not wanting to jump in right away, we have all seen companies like Sam Coe do business and no one wants to get into that. However as it stand right now, the people who I know are into the EFI are on the up and up both those who are making it and those who are using it. How long did it take for one of Sam Coe's engine kits to blow up? I think it went south on the first weekend out on the dunes - so at this point the EFI has got that beat. However EFI *IS* the next step, without a doubt. I'd bet at least 99% of all new engines use EFI today aside from some certain special applications or in the small engine industry where we seem to be behind the times. EFI when implemented right *IS* the correct way to go and works well, now all we're doing is sitting back to watch and see if AZSand can find anything wrong with his new EFI system, because if anyone can do it he will. (I think he found out about Sam Coe's bad choice of using the Raptor's connecting rod in one of the earlier 720s.)

Now to get back on topic:

huskerjim:

a "Fast By Gast" Carburetor is a Carburetor that was sold by a company called "Fast By Gast" basically they sell Lectron carburetors, but in a generic format meaning you have to do all of the tuning and testing yourself. If you have a carburetor sold by FBG it should have a big sticker on it that says Fast By Gast.

Old 06-29-2004, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hold Fire!!!

MrHP is taking good care of me and this Lectron their has been alot of misinformed info that was given me as well as info not given, as well as maybe work not completed as well on the intake correctly, Super Guy thank MR HP [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA , I think I'm getting close, The factory Boot between the rear of carb and Box was left off with the help of HP I put it own and she is runing strong still need a little more tuning but close.

Old 06-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

I have properly setup lectron, it came that way from mrhp. I got it and went to just above sea level, the next weekend I was in
West Virginia at a minimum of 3000ft. With no tuning. It was tight trails, hill climbs(mtn climbs) wide open dirt roads, you name it, I have felt no real need to do any tuning. It was that right when I got it. If you are scared of how these carbs work, dont be. If you want to try one before you buy it and you live near nc let me know I will be more than willing to let someone try it.
Justin

Old 06-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Air I have to disagree,

I the Lectron isn't only for drags it's FOR ALL AROUND. I'm not knocking anyone with a TM45 but I have to jump on the bandwagon here, the Lectron just outperforms everything in my book. I had a Lectron 44, a TM45 and several stockers and nothing made my bike more responsive than the LectronHV46 (or is it 46HV I forget). Even my Stage III buddy who has a TM45 is peering into a Lectron now.

Old 06-29-2004, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

I do agree that this 46HV is a nice set up it has no hesitation what so ever and with the flat slide I'm impressed.

Quick Reply: All Lectron 46 Owners I need help