CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

All Lectron 46 Owners I need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Lectron 46 Owners I need help

Look at my specs on my bike, with this Lectron it dyno'd get ready for this...39.9hp!
This carb is flatining out from mid range to top end HELP!!!! the local shop said it should be closer to 50hp!HELP

Old 06-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did they use an A/F monitor on the dyno?
Does your carb have a power jet?

Old 06-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Who did you get your lectron from???

Old 06-27-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Dyno numbers can be misleading, did you take a baseline number before the new carb? If not the best your goning to have to go with is "does it feel faster?"

Old 06-28-2004, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

Guys all I know is that it doesn't feel faster than an factory carb, Rocket dyno said they dyno DS all week long and get 42hp out of a factory set up with an pipe and filter. PLEASE PM me with suggestions guys I'm Sre*ed with out your help.

Old 06-28-2004, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

Isn't the major benefit of going to a dyno is to see your tuning? We all know that horsepower and torque numbers vary on every dyno. Even the same dyno on different days cam vary! When you did your dyno run, did it show where you were running lean or rich? Besides the dyno run, how is it running? Does it backfire? hesitate on acceleration? bog?

Old 06-28-2004, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sandaholic
Isn't the major benefit of going to a dyno is to see your tuning? We all know that horsepower and torque numbers vary on every dyno. Even the same dyno on different days cam vary! When you did your dyno run, did it show where you were running lean or rich? Besides the dyno run, how is it running? Does it backfire? hesitate on acceleration? bog?
Starts loosing power at 7K peaks out at that rpm and acts like the rev limiter kicks in with no rev limiter! HELP!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 06-28-2004, 03:17 AM
Pro Rider

Your off on the tuning somewhere

Old 06-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

Just my 2 cents here.

It sounds like the shop your dynoing at does not have alot of tuning expierience in tuning with their dyno. If they have set up correctly, and have straightened out the fuel air mixture across the power band like they were suposed to, you should see and feel a difference in power. Did they straigten out the mixture first, then search for more power and torque? If they didnt, then its possible they need more expierience. Ive been to a couple of dynos in my time, and I felt robbed when I left for they were absolutely no help in tuning. UNTIL, recently using Hp research for the tuning. At first, they were not concerned with HP numbers. They were concerned with straightening out fuel air mixtures. Then came the horsepower search. The other dynos were cheaper, but the results were useless!!!

Just my opinion.

Gary

Old 06-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

Husker,

Sounds like you have a Fast By Gast carb. Let me guess, it has a 2XL needle in it.

This dyno operator obviously knows nothing about tuning. If it is cutting out at 7k your rich. What was the air fuel ratio?

Quick Reply: All Lectron 46 Owners I need help