CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Twist throttle for my DS

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twist throttle for my DS

I just got a Motion Pro - Vortex twist throttle. Has anyone used this or even another twist throttle? If so, how do you like it.
Putting it on seems like it should be easy.
I hope!
It is a 1/4 turn throtlle
Any info or tips would be greatly appreaciated.
Thanks,
Brian
Jupiter,FL

Old 06-29-2004, 07:05 PM
Trailblazer

What in the world possesed you to want to put a twist throttle on???? I've been riding ATV's since they invented the Honda ATC90 back in 1970. If a twist throttle was a better idea on an ATV it would come from the factory with one. We have a saying about those things...."Twist Throttle KILLS!" You will find out what I mean when you go flying into a corner on a dirt track and can't get your wrist to move that way. It's a Physics thing. Good luck and be safe with that thing.

Old 06-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BajaMark
What in the world possesed you to want to put a twist throttle on???? I've been riding ATV's since they invented the Honda ATC90 back in 1970. If a twist throttle was a better idea on an ATV it would come from the factory with one. We have a saying about those things...."Twist Throttle KILLS!" You will find out what I mean when you go flying into a corner on a dirt track and can't get your wrist to move that way. It's a Physics thing. Good luck and be safe with that thing.
hes right, I have a pro motion on mine and dont like it, it was easy to put on. Just nothing like a bike on a quad. I think they would be great for the sand, I just hate it when trail riding.

Old 06-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

got rid of my motion pro too! no way would I go back.

Old 06-29-2004, 08:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm pro-thumb throttle myself, my twist trial was short lived, I prefer thumb.

But lots of guys use the twist, lots of GNCC racers use them even. Few do, but those that do swear by it like I swear by a thumber. And for long duration desert races its prolly way more common that thumb. Holding a thumb throttle in for hours on end can get pretty fatigued, no matter how easy the pull may be.

Old 06-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

I love the motion pro twist throttle. I have always ridden bikes until about 3 years ago when I got my first atv and hated the thumb throttle. It was the first mod I did to my atv and can't live without it.

Old 06-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Range Rover

ive got the vortex kit from MP on mine too and it makes long rides wayyy more comfortable, i even put one on my chicks 300ex cause her hand got so sore from the stock thumb she had to stop and take a break last time out at glamis, now i have scared myself once or twice with the gas as in when to let off but that was once because i was going too fast up on the top of this rasorback to begin with, the vortex works fine...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2004, 08:36 AM
Pro Rider

One twist throttle still in box never opened--- FOR SALE $50 Motion pro - Vortex
I am an impulse buyer.
I too, have been riding ATC's since the 70's. Never had a problem with the thumb throttle. Never knew why it wasn't twist. After last nights ride, I will keep the factory thumb throttle.
I mainly ride tight woods trails. After ripping through and realizing how hard it was to hang on and turn and go over palmettos and other bumpy things, I can see where the twist would get me killed.

Old 07-01-2004, 09:25 AM
Range Rover

Yep,Been there Done that, I think the best aftermarket part that I have ever bought, is the streeing stabalizer or some call it a dampner. I think that as I ride in the woods....01DS...04BAJAX...

Old 07-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

just took off my twist throttle and replaced my dual carbs with single 48mm, just to go back to thumb throttle. i found that wheelies ( i love doing wheelies) were much harder to do with the twist. i know i lost hp with the single carb but no more arm pump or blisters.

Quick Reply: Twist throttle for my DS