CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Question for THEBOMB??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for THEBOMB??

bigger you are correct it should go by % instead of hp rating because it takes alot on dyno time to get a 20hp shot to build 20hp on a 15.1 motor but it can happen with alot of tuning but a 100 shot =75-80hp increase on the rear tires most casses my nx system may build a extra 10 or so what do ya think??????????????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm not sure what you ended the day on last time, but I know I was no match no more, and I also noticed that all the 'drag banshee'" guys CONVENIENTLY parked their quads . LMAO.

good luck to ALL you crazy som-bitches!!! Just dont blow up while you passing ME. LOL.

BIgger.

Old 07-01-2004, 06:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: shanebv2
15 !!!!! no wonder you were beating my poor little air cooler

Lets see I had 12 to 1 in my little honda so 15 - 12 is 3 you were beating me by 3 bikes now I have 14.5:1 so 15 - 14.5 is .5 add one for my good looks and style 1 - .5 is .5 so now I will beat you by .5 bikes !!!!

anyway I got the turboQuad moving again under it's own power I should be able to dial in in a bit at orgeon on the 12 and 16 so it should be ready to put it's best foot forward when we can go to dumont again in oct ......

Shane
3 bike lengths!!! Shane LMAO Im sure glad the Lady had the cam rolling (ill look into that one and see about that tall tail)... Dont bother bringing your honda out anymore, I thought you would have learned your lesson by now... You need to gain about 6-9 lengths just to run where I was last time when I was going easy on you lol, Before a few changes ive done thanks to mr hp products, Either way good luck in oregon.

Bigger and Stacy I have not heard of that yet but you may be right, Either way I feel a great gain just off 22-26 jets... I will be dynoing it soon and we will find out.. I want to get everything right first (just about there) The I will do a baseline motor run first and go from there on the nos jetting to see what gives... Seat of the pants gains feel great, But I wont believe a thing till I dyno it myself, then I will tell and show you the gains and then we will know what up with it.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2004, 06:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bigger and Stacy I have not heard of that yet but you may be right, Either way I feel a great gain just off 22-26 jets... I will be dynoing it soon and we will find out.. I want to get everything right first (just about there) The I will do a baseline motor run first and go from there on the nos jetting to see what gives... Seat of the pants gains feel great, But I wont believe a thing till I dyno it myself, then I will tell and show you the gains and then we will know what up with it.

thats definatley the best thing to do. Dyno each shot and keep an eye on your tempature guages, go up on your shot size till you see a lean condition starting to occur. Just make sure your bottle pressure is where you want it to be each time. Good luck man!!!

bigger.

Old 07-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I just called holley NOS teck line and the Guy said absolutely no way do you need to run a bigger shot for higher compression... He said the higher shot you go on a high comp motor means it would be more prone to detonation you need to go w/ higher octane when going bigger on the nos increase. He also said that on a built motor IE ported etc., you need to run a bigger shot due to how much more the motor is breathing.

Old 07-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

i think the guy at holley tech used to work at walmart because he is full of $hi??/ it is apparent that he sell nitrous kits and dont race.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You might not "need" to run a bigger shot for a higher compression motor, but I think what bigger was saying is true. Looking at it based on a percentage gain per amount sprayed in a higher compression motor will make less power. I believe it has to do with the flame speed.

Say you sprayed a 20 shot on a 10/1 motor, you'll gain about 20 hp.
If you used the same jets in a 15/1 motor you may only be gaining 12 hp.

Disclaimer: I really know nothing, but that is the way I understand it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

My question is; does anybody (Bigger, SamCoeDS, THEBOM, ect) know if this is true on a nitro motor as well??? Or anybody know who I can find that out from?

TIA

Old 07-01-2004, 06:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Call them yourself, The guy sounded pretty smart... Give him a call, maybe youll learn something. Either way I got big enough jets and the dyno dont lie. So time will tell.

Someone should know this answer. Anyone?

Old 07-01-2004, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

i dont run nothing nos sells or makes i run nx brand only nx plant with dyno is 46 miles from my house mike wood (the owner of nx)is a very good friend of mine and has sponsored me for many years in all types of racing so i know nitrous and its fire paths and flame rate with diff weight fuels including nitro so some guro i dont know or have ever seen race anything is going to tell me anything about how nitrous builds power this ant my first nitrous rodeo.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2004, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

oh yea 1 other thing dont holley build carbs???? they just purchased nos 3 years ago and none of the nos staff went along with the sell so i have my doughts when it comes to running alot of nitrous on a single cly that they have any placement.

Quick Reply: Question for THEBOMB??