CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Question for THEBOMB??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 11:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for THEBOMB??

low compression allows huge shots of nitrous, high compression doesn't. i wouldn't want a bottle and only be able to run 15HP, not impressive, and if you lose you look even worse. if running NOS i'd want to be over 100RWHP.

same thing with the turbo. running 8psi is a joke. you'll get laughed at.

Old 07-02-2004, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Originally posted by: SAMCOEDS
i will demo real nitrous power as i have so many times before i will show how well 75 and 100 shots that everyone say cant be run will work
I'm just curious to your jetting for this so called 75 and 100hp shots?

When you decide to run this amount , keep the scrap bucket close.

Old 07-02-2004, 01:11 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Originally posted by: shanebv2
15 !!!!! no wonder you were beating my poor little air cooler

Lets see I had 12 to 1 in my little honda so 15 - 12 is 3 you were beating me by 3 bikes now I have 14.5:1 so 15 - 14.5 is .5 add one for my good looks and style 1 - .5 is .5 so now I will beat you by .5 bikes !!!!

anyway I got the turboQuad moving again under it's own power I should be able to dial in in a bit at orgeon on the 12 and 16 so it should be ready to put it's best foot forward when we can go to dumont again in oct ......

Shane
3 bike lengths!!! Shane LMAO Im sure glad the Lady had the cam rolling (ill look into that one and see about that tall tail)... Dont bother bringing your honda out anymore, I thought you would have learned your lesson by now... You need to gain about 6-9 lengths just to run where I was last time when I was going easy on you lol, Before a few changes ive done thanks to mr hp products, Either way good luck in oregon.

Bigger and Stacy I have not heard of that yet but you may be right, Either way I feel a great gain just off 22-26 jets... I will be dynoing it soon and we will find out.. I want to get everything right first (just about there) The I will do a baseline motor run first and go from there on the nos jetting to see what gives... Seat of the pants gains feel great, But I wont believe a thing till I dyno it myself, then I will tell and show you the gains and then we will know what up with it.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I had to use 3 bikes other wise the math would not work !!!

anyway see you at dumont in a few months .....

Old 07-02-2004, 02:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: ScoobyDFW
low compression allows huge shots of nitrous, high compression doesn't. i wouldn't want a bottle and only be able to run 15HP, not impressive, and if you lose you look even worse. if running NOS i'd want to be over 100RWHP.

same thing with the turbo. running 8psi is a joke. you'll get laughed at.

Not impressive in your opinion scooby, I get 65 hp and 55 ft lb (w/ a GREAT power curve) HERE on a dyno that gets 32hp from a stock ds... Other dynos out your way get 42-44 hp out of a stock ds... So you can look at it a few different ways.. If I can add 20 hp "I" WILL BE PLENTY HAPPY!! ON a dyno up there it would put me near 90+hp w/ good torq #s of course.
This is only power added on top of a good running gas motor. LOL, I usually dont go around worrying whos laughing at who and who will look worse.. I also can run across the deep whoops @ 50-60 + mph and love every minute of it. . Giant hills are a bit diff than 300ft drags.

Old 07-02-2004, 03:45 AM
Pro Rider

scrap bucket ?

What size bucket is required for a 200hp shot , can the buckets be re-used? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2004, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Originally posted by: jeffnrivercity
scrap bucket ?What size bucket is required for a 200hp shot , can the buckets be re-used? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
A LARGE one. LOL I got to reuse some of the bolts and screws that were not stretched. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2004, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

I HAVE RAN A 75HP SHOT not once but 2 5lb bottles in one day lost some ring (too much heat) not cold enough plugs and i was running crappy phillips fuel and i rode it to the trailer(bigger was there)so i think 100hp shot on vp nitrous fuel and a nother step colder plug will be fine and just think no bucket needed but it does run very well the next trip at ls with steel rings will have a 100 shot so we will see if i need a bucket.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2004, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

scooby my 03 evo is running 24psi of boost and 100 shot so far 30000 miles and 20 10lb bottles and no problem so i think your guess could be wrong???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2004, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

When are you coming down to LS again?

Old 07-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm not wrong. The fact that you damaged the piston and ring confirms it - this is minor damage compared to what can/will happen. Too much cylinder pressure. Lower the compression.

Bigger and myself are correct.

Quick Reply: Question for THEBOMB??