CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Question for THEBOMB??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 06:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for THEBOMB??

Mario,

I can understand him saying that you would definatley need higher octane with a larger shots,and higher compression, No doubt you would. My thoery was not that you cant get the same amount of fuel/nos into a high compression vs. a stock motor. But rather a motor biult for compression will not get the full benefit from the same size shot, because it is much closer to its max potential. all the characteristics that go along with a 15/1 motor will work agianst the FULL benefit of the N20. again I am NO expert.

Ward, Nitro is a Fuel. and N20 is a gas. so thier properties are way different.

If you add a 10% alky blend to a stock DS, you can see some good gains, but when you Biuld the motor,and put in the same fuel ratio, it will play into the biuld even more , the biult motor is taking full advantage of the fuels potential. Any more than 10% nitro blend, and you'll need to run a fuel system to keep from leaning out.

bigger.

Old 07-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Either way, I dont care who owns what, All I know is that NOS makes good power and this IS MY first dog and pony show w/nos and Im gonna do it right if I can. If I knew it worked this well, I would have ran it a long time ago. I think if everything is tuned right it will work with DECENT reliability... If you say it needs more nos per comp, That may very well be the case Its good to know. Thanks for the input.

Bigger, I have heard that low comp motors run better w/ nos... The reason why I have it set up this way is because I will run on ALL motor halfway up the hill and only will be useing it in 4th gear... If I were to run 300ft, I would want to be on the button from the light.
I have thought about running the bottle all the way up the hill.. But I really dont think I need it yet...

Bigger, I also agree w/ your theory, It sound like it maked sence to me (compression) I guess the offset would have to be a little bit bigger of a shot.

Old 07-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

very well said bigger[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2004, 07:03 PM
amd
Pro Rider

I agree with you Sam, Since Holley bought Nos they have went to ****. Their R&D is crappy as hell anymore and all of their technology has becoming outdated. I have since switched to Edelbrock selonoids and plates on my car. I was not real happy with the last Nos install I did on a buddies Ds. They sell the kit for $800 and it is just thrown together stuff that is supposed to be R&D'd if you talk to someone at Nos.

How well a motor will take nitrous has more to do with the cam then anything. My street car almost gains 250 horse with a 200 setting, but I never go off of the horsepower settings I go off of jet size, and my compression is at 8:5.1. It will take more nitrous to get more power out of a high comp motor, but if the motor is built for it (ie. cam designs, pistons) it will be more prone to make power.

But then again what do I know anyway.

Old 07-01-2004, 07:06 PM
amd
Pro Rider

I can understand him saying that you would definatley need higher octane with a larger shots,and higher compression, No doubt you would. My thoery was not that you cant get the same amount of fuel/nos into a high compression vs. a stock motor. But rather a motor biult for compression will not get the full benefit from the same size shot, because it is much closer to its max potential. all the characteristics that go along with a 15/1 motor will work agianst the FULL benefit of the N20. again I am NO expert.

That is exactly right Bigger.

Old 07-01-2004, 07:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bigger, I have heard that low comp motors run better w/ nos... The reason why I have it set up this way is because I will run on ALL motor halfway up the hill and only will be useing it in 4th gear... If I were to run 300ft, I would want to be on the button from the light.
I have thought about running the bottle all the way up the hill.. But I really dont think I need it yet...
_______________________________Quote______________ ____________

With all those turbo's being biult around you, I would start hitting that stuff as early as I could.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Ofcorse you could use it only for insurance purposes also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But if you have your fuel system set-up for running for "all motor" . you are gonna have to have a seperate fuel system to activate with the N20 aswell so you wont lean out,and loose power.

bigger.

Old 07-01-2004, 07:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

amd, I have an inbreed system w/ edlebrock cylinoids.. Different lines and such. Maybe I confused you all .. I shouldnt have came off like it is a FULL NOS system. But this new info definiatly helps.

For some reason my bike likes to run rich anyways.

Old 07-01-2004, 07:30 PM
amd
Pro Rider

annihilater. To me there is no such thing as imbreeding nitrous componets, just using better technology for an application. Nos selonoids have always been good to me, they never gave me any problems, but I like the eldelbrock selonoids and plates much better.

Old 07-01-2004, 07:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

amd, From what I gather, the ron wood NOS system has chicken $hit lines, I have different ones, I have a different cylinoid and a few other components that we needed that I didnt have. So wtf kind of system would you call this one. It has car lines and its for an atv, If that isnt inbred what the heck would you call it... Oh well its dinner time fellas... Later

Old 07-01-2004, 11:12 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Yea, the lines that come with the NOS kits are what Nos calls the noszle line. The stuff is strong and plyable but does not flow as much as a -03 line that the kits come with for automotive apps. They due use it on there efi noszle kits which I have installed a couple of times but prefer the -03 braided. Are you using the standard fogger nozzle? Like I said before I was not real happy with the NOS kit for a single cylinder motor, there is only about 300 dollars worth of parts their and they charge around 800, it is better to just piece a system together.

Quick Reply: Question for THEBOMB??