CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Where would you move out west?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 02:47 PM
Hez
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where would you move out west?

Southern CA, AZ, NV......but nevada is too unpopulated for my likeing, and OR

Old 06-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I grew up all over Southern California...from Huntington Beach to Chino Hills. I seem to gradually be moving more towards AZ / NV everytime I move. I love our climate, diverse land from beach to mountains to sand dunes and desert, and our native california girls.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The problems seem to be too many liberals, too many illegals, too many tree huggers and BS politics, too much congestion, smog and crime in the inner cities, and a very high housing cost if you're a first time buyer here. Hope that doesn't turn you away though, it's still a great state overall.

Old 06-30-2004, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

i love all the places mentioned and i love the west coast for the low humidity and the great scenery. i would say oregon, utah, nevada areas because too far south is too hot for me. went to tucson couple months ago for a family reunion and almost died of heat stroke.

Old 06-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bigslim78
went to tucson couple months ago for a family reunion and almost died of heat stroke.
Yes, but it is a dry heat.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

My top choice would be Idaho. They economy is growing unlike oregon( i have heard they are in a big time slump). Idaho is very ATV friendly. There are the best dunes in the US there(in my opinion St. Anthony's) And real estate is still reasonable and you coming from the east you would probably not be able to afford most areas in California. I would love to move to idaho in an instant if i could. We almost bought a cabin out there last summer we loved it so much. There are endless outdoor activities to do too.

Sean

Old 06-30-2004, 08:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'd suggest you take a vacation and check out areas in California, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Nevada and Arizona. My choice would be Montana, Idaho, Wyoming area anywhere in close proximity to St Anthonys for my Dune fixes. Then I have the Rocky mountains to get my fishing/camping fixes. The only problems would be income.

Old 06-30-2004, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

I've ruled out CA because of the far left politics, taxes and economy. I lived in Oregon as a kid, liked it, but see politics heading toward CA style. I've had enough of far left politics here taking away riding land, taxing me like crazy and trying to take our guns too. I've kinda narrowed it down (if you can call it that) to NV, UT, WY, Montana, AZ and Idaho. Wife can easily find work in any of those states (is a nurse). Me, I own a business (gas station, including race fuel, repair shop, towing- government makes more money off of business than I do) so would have to buy a business in one of those states or find a job. AZ seems kinda hot. Don't know much about Montana or Wyoming. Probably favoring UT or Idaho at this point. Plan to travel out there for few weeks in fall to try to figure it out. Any cities or areas in those states you'd recommend looking at?

Old 06-30-2004, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 04DS650
Where else can you go snow skiing in the morning and surfing in the afternoon? No bugs, no humidity, sand dunes, desert, mountains, etc... I'm from the midwest, and have also lived in New England. CA has definitely got its problems, but don't think you should automatically dismiss it. Where else could the Terminator be govenor?
bs no bugs tons of people have termites crawlin in there house's. cali even has laws that you need to have your house checked for bugs before you sell it and if you find them you have to tell the buyer

Old 06-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

if in ut, sandy is a great community.. 2 hrs from litle sahara, 5 or 6 from st anthony, 45 min from 5-mile pass and tons of other riding areas... pluse there is a big hospital (altaview) in sandy

Old 06-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Termites? Oh h*ll, they don't eat much. LOL. Funny how termites are one of the leading causes of destruction to wood framed homes in many states (not just Cali.) yet no insurance company will cover it. Go figure. BTW, it doesn't usually stop anyone from buying a home unless there is serious damage which isn't usually the case. The seller is responsible for paying for the inspection and any fix required which usually doesn't amount to more than replacing minor fascia wood and having the house fumigated. Subterranean termites are much worse than dry wood termites.

Like it or not I'm pretty well stuck here in California for income. I'm a licensed engineer in the State of California. My wife is a licensed insurance agent...also in the State of California. I envy you people that can live in some of the places I only get to visit.

Quick Reply: Where would you move out west?