CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Where would you move out west?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 08:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where would you move out west?

Ya, a little off topic but I'm tired of living on the East Coast where the only thing to ride on is rocks (not to mention attitude problems inherent in the population and a local mayor who says he is more afraid of the Bush admin than Al Qaeda). So, I'm looking to move out west where there seem to be much more riding area available (plus a different attitude amongst the locals). So the question is, if you could move somewhere out west, where would you pick to go, when considering distance to riding areas, quality of riding areas, and other outdoor activities available (I'm an outdoor nut, love mountains and outdoor activities)? Thanks for the help.

Old 06-30-2004, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider

AZ, UT, NV

Old 06-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Air
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BillDS650
AZ, UT, NV
Yes to all. Probably three of the most ATV friendly states.

Old 06-30-2004, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

To me, the sand is the most important part of riding. Oregon sand is uniform and washed every winter so there is no dust. If you can find a job in Oregon, you've got it made.

Also, remember Oregon is pronounced "Orygun" - [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider

those three are nice, oregon has a lot of sand. it just seems most of the sand is out this way.

Old 06-30-2004, 10:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Arizona is 87% blm land which means the largest riding area in the country[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And it is located close to everything ridedable[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2004, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

Nothing like the west - Just don't go to California.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I like Utah; good people (family oriented), lots of diverse scenery (i.e., mountains, desert, slickrock, sand, etc.). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2004, 01:36 PM
Range Rover

Where else can you go snow skiing in the morning and surfing in the afternoon? No bugs, no humidity, sand dunes, desert, mountains, etc... I'm from the midwest, and have also lived in New England. CA has definitely got its problems, but don't think you should automatically dismiss it. Where else could the Terminator be govenor?

Old 06-30-2004, 01:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have family in Wyoming near Jackson Hole and also in Montana. I absolutely love wyoming and wouldnt mind having a place there. Arizona is too dry for my liking. I have distant cousins that manage a condo complex in AZ and its a nice place. I just like forests and such. My great aunt lives in hawaii. Its a nice place to visit, but I dont think you'd want to live there.

Old 06-30-2004, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 04DS650
Where else can you go snow skiing in the morning and surfing in the afternoon? No bugs, no humidity, sand dunes, desert, mountains, etc... I'm from the midwest, and have also lived in New England. CA has definitely got its problems, but don't think you should automatically dismiss it. Where else could the Terminator be govenor?
Yeah I guess you are right. Awwwwnold is a bodybuilding GOD!!

Quick Reply: Where would you move out west?