CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Nitrous Question? RPM Activated Window Switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Question? RPM Activated Window Switch

Has anyone ever installed an RPM activated window switch instead of a microswitch? If so which one? Is it more trouble than its worth? Would it connect to the primary side of the coil or the ignition pickup? The advantage I see is the ability to auto shut off your nitrous before you hit your rev limit. Any comments or ideas.....

Old 06-30-2004, 01:59 PM
amd
Pro Rider

You still need to put a microswitch or button on it, so it will only activate the selonoids when it is wide open. If you just put the window switch on it will activate as soon as it gets to the rpm you selected which wont be wide open, it will activate before you can get the throttle wide open. I run one on my car and they work great, and I beleive the ds has a tach drive (somebody else might be able to confirm this) you would want to hook the green wire off of the microswitch to that.

Old 06-30-2004, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

First you would have to make sure the window switch is compatible with a single cylinder motor. Like most tach's, most window switches are not. You dont need a FTPS either. For a window switch all you need is a system power switch. Turn the system on, be careful not to go over your RPM bottom limit and when your ready, peg it and hold on. The idea behind a window switch is that the N20 will only come on when your in safe RPM ranges. You dont have to be WOT to be in the propper RPM ranges which is usually 2000RPM or higher some even say 4000 RPM. On these quads if your WOT your generally going to be in the safe RPM range so most set their quads up for WOT but it is not necassary to do so.

Old 06-30-2004, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have been speaking with MSD. They have a Window Switch that they will recalibrate upon request. Basically they will change the circuitry at the factory to work on a single cylinder application. I beleive all that I need to do when I connect it is power it up, determine the chips for the RPM ranges that I want, and connect the sense wire to my crank trigger pulse. Thanks for the feedback.