CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Turbo's at the Cinders

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo's at the Cinders

1bigdsrider - yeah if they came out of the hole we would get beat bad. One of them has a swingarm, but the front ends were not coming up at all, the cinders will not allow that even though they were running 10 paddles. Not sure the gear they were starting out in either. The shorter the swingarmt eh better in the cinders, it really kills horsepower at 8,000 ft above sea level. They have a lot of power though. I can't believe we were even able to keep them within sight...

Old 07-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds like the setup of the Ds hurt them alot. I would like to see how the two turboed DS do on the flats in sand or dirt. They look like screamers.

By the way Raptorfam, Do you think your bike has gotten faster since its broken in now?

Old 07-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 222
oh please come to the Paducah Nationals. Now, this is what I want to see competing!

no kidding, i would like to see one of these turbos up against mrhp's 730

or even better, mrhp's 730 with a turbo

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That would be nice to see. How the turboed Ds compare to some of the big bore kits for the ds in a real world comparison. Not just a dyno sheet shootout!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'm in the market for some motor work or maybe even a turbo. Money is a big part of it but Im looking for the biggest bang for my buck. I like the sound of efi and turbos, but I like having the hard hit of a bore kit from bottom to top of the rpm range.

Is there a compromise to this?? Turboed 730 or turboed 800? Anyone started on one of these projects yet?

Old 07-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
Sounds like the setup of the Ds hurt them alot. I would like to see how the two turboed DS do on the flats in sand or dirt. They look like screamers.

By the way Raptorfam, Do you think your bike has gotten faster since its broken in now?
yes it has gotten faster, i played with the jetting a little and got rid of the midrange hesitation, me and my dad were much faster this trip.

Old 07-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

Rapfam's 730 vs. a Stocker

Old 07-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Now that was funny. Sucked that stock Raptor up like he wasnt even moving.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Next time let the stocker start hundred fifty feet behind you and let him get next to you before you take off and see how it goes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

man that 730 absolutely smoked the piped raptor. very nice video. do you and your dad usually trade wins? whos bike is the faster of the two with same rider?

Old 07-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah that run with the stock bike is a pretty good race...

KMS - thank you again for letting us race. Your bikes are very fast, how do they come out of the hole in the sand? Your bikes are the wave of the future for sure. The power you guys have are unbelievable. Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to race. I need to make a trip to your shop and pay you a visit sometime. Yeah those are all the videos I have. Eleven total videos posted. I have a bunch more but they are just me, my dad, and uncle. Did you get to look at them. I have all three $100 videos posted, my dad vs. Ray, me vs. you, and my dad vs. you. then some from drag hill.

we will definitely have to meet up again.

Bigslim - me and my dad do trade wins. My bike is definitely a faster on that hill, but our weight difference and rider skill make us about even. With him on it, it really moves.

Old 07-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

what length swingarm did the turbo baja have? how were you launching it? did you build boost off the line by repeatedly fully opening and partially closing the throttle while maintaining 5000-8000RPM to load the turbo? the launch looked like it needed some practice if you had enough swingarm to not flip.

clarify the tires everyone was running.

Quick Reply: Turbo's at the Cinders