CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Turbo's at the Cinders

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo's at the Cinders

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
So basically you can say the KMS turbo set-up(low PSI) is comparable to the high compression Sparks 686, and the Craycraft 730 (low compression) motors. But the KMS turbo set-up has the potential to go from MILD to WILD in just a few minutes.

Bigger.
it all makes sense now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]... Can't beat a alcohol, fuel injected, turbo, it won't be a comparison in the future.

Old 07-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Major- You are right about saving $$.

Increased boost = lower reliability BUT that is not that big a deal. All these hi-po machines are constantly being worked on, improved. If i was building a turbo DS or Raptor you still need a good platform to biuld from ( lower end)

KMS certainly has a very attractive price. A lot of bang for the buck

Quite a few have seen old Scoobs quad and when he is on, he is untouchable. It takes a big sac to launch that 120hp turbo. I would love to see a lot of guys that have given Scooby hell over the years make 1 full throtle pass on his turbo. I bet there altitudes would be slighty different LMAO

I think Bigger needs to send his wife's kawi and a check to KMS for a turbo job[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Video's are consistant with what I saw at Sand Mt.

On the line, the turbo can't seem to get out of its own way.

Sand Mt. is longer and that turbo just continued to build power. They didn't have a problem passing me.

You can see by looking at the video's the launch the Raptor's are getting - Look at that roost.

Seems a little engine work married to this turbo would get some great results. I would think a 720 would let that thing tear off the line and the turbo would let it build some great power to the top.

I think if the hill was longer (like Sand Mt.) these bikes would have had a tougher time against the turbo.

Old 07-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think Bigger needs to send his wife's kawi and a check to KMS for a turbo job
LOL, if I did that, I would need a Busa engine in my DS, instead of the Honda! LOL

I can see it now:

+8 chain conversion
Snowmobile type of clutch assembly
KMS turbo, with EFI with about 20 PSI!!!

OH MY!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 07-09-2004, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

DuneMe - If the hill was longer we definitely would have been passed by the 11psi turbo. I think we would have had the 7psi, but I don't know he was pulling as well.

We didn't mess with gearing at all either and I'm sure both them and us would have picked up some bike lengths.

Jetting is another thing. With the fuel injection they know they are right on, I think we were close.

How do you do against Mario? He was trying to make the trip up there with us, but wasn't able to at the last minute.

Old 07-09-2004, 07:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: Raptor660Fam
DuneMe - If the hill was longer we definitely would have been passed by the 11psi turbo. I think we would have had the 7psi, but I don't know he was pulling as well.

We didn't mess with gearing at all either and I'm sure both them and us would have picked up some bike lengths.

Jetting is another thing. With the fuel injection they know they are right on, I think we were close.

How do you do against Mario? He was trying to make the trip up there with us, but wasn't able to at the last minute.

He doesnt!!! J/K He will definiately get beat now that I have listed my new mods below!

Duneme, Im still laughing at the "power up package" And Majors list of mods, I need to check into the red gas breather line!!!

Old 07-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Range Rover

When the turbo's were at Sand Mt Ut. they were able to display the power that they make, they just keep pulling and pulling. There is a learning curve on the turbo's, you can't launch them like a regular bike. The last day at Sand Mt we were really getting the launches down good and putting a hurt on the other bikes. Give the turbo owners time to feel out the launches and its going to be lights out for all of N/A riders.

Old 07-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

rod - exactly as you said, "GIVE THEM TIME"

Kelly said a guy named rod rode the turbo raptor, was that you by chance???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Raptor660Fam
rod - exactly as you said, "GIVE THEM TIME"

Kelly said a guy named rod rode the turbo raptor, was that you by chance???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I was lucky enough to ride them both, trust me those things can come out of the hole hard its just not as easy as a build motor. I was impressed at how hard these things pulled my *** up Sand Mt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2004, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

I heard the raptor not only pulled hard UPHILL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Turbo's at the Cinders