CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

please help with tire decision. (long wearing/good traction 22 dirt tire)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 03:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help with tire decision. (long wearing/good traction 22 dirt tire)

i am going to go nuts looking for tires... i know tires are a very debatable thing.. (seeing as how we all ride in varying terrain, and some of us are harder on tires than others [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

i know i want an all around tire (somthing like the holeshot/razr) but i need it in a 22, and i need it to LAST. (im going to go broke buying stuff for this quad...lol)
i really liked and wanted the razr II's...then i read reviews (and yes i have spent probably 2 hours reading serach results all over the forum) and a few people said they wear really quick (once the square edge rounds off, traction gets bad) and i guess a few gncc racers gave them a bad note....

the tires arnt cheap (180 a pair for razr II's and i think 170 a pair for hole shot xct's)

i have read normal razr's are only worth the weight in mud... but havnt heard anything about normal holeshots... what about the HD? (couldnt find much of anything on that)

shredders and knarlys are another option, but again it was a lack of info...

so im posting here again to see if a DS guy can give me info on tread life/traction of the above/ or similar tires?

Thanks guys!

Old 07-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default please help with tire decision. (long wearing/good traction 22 dirt tire)

I was in the boat as you, for a long time. I read that the hole shots wore out faster?????? just my point, i just when and got the razor II. (rocky mountain)
got the 22" and am very happy with the larger size! also bought the OMF reinforced rims, not to happy with the credit card bill this month, o-well, looks great
and rides better. just buy and get it over with.

Old 07-08-2004, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

ya i was looking at the omf stuff....looks like a full set of razr II's mounted on douglas wheels with OMF beadlocks, and reinforcemnt rings is 1k! so maybe ill just stick to rear tires for now.... so theres one good note fore razr's

Old 07-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

I Love My Razr's, no problems

Old 07-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

are they razr II's or normal? how are they wearing? /traction?

Old 07-08-2004, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

kenda knarly's have very good traction and last a long time and come in a 22''

Old 07-10-2004, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

Well I have had the Raz'r 2's for about 4 months now and I love them. As far as them wearing out faster than others I dont know this is the first set of tires I have bought for my DS, I have probably 50 hours on them and I have ridden on everything from very hard pack dirt to very very soft sand(just a note they seem not to like long uphill dunes but hey what does outher than paddles?).I have noticed some slight wear but nothing major, but again most of the riding here is loose sand and that doesnt really wear tires out fast anyway. The tires that where on my DS when I got it were 1/2 bald holeshots and when I put the new razrs on I torched my clutch(Im sure it was on the way anyhow). As far as tuffness is concerned I think they are indestructable When I bought the tires I got wheels to, douglas red labels, I have bent the crap out of these wheels and not so much as a scuff on the tire. Well enough of my babbeling. I really like the Raz'r 2's.

Old 07-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Holeshot XCT, very tough tires and good traction in dirt/mud/slush. The 22" aren't light, they're 6 ply and made to take a beating. I ran mine over everything you can find on a trail and never had a puncture or slice.

Old 07-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I had the XCT holeshots. Great tire, hooked up good and still slideable on turns etc. They lasted about a years worth of desert rideing before being worn down enough to consider needing new tires. I actualy thought they were still ok until my brother bought a set for his DS and I saw how wore down mine actualy were. LOL. Don't ride in the dirt much anymore though so I use a set of almost new Kenda Vipers I got for free. Not the best for hooking up at all but will do for the little bit of dirt I ride in now.

Old 07-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

maybe 04BAJAXrider can chime in?

Quick Reply: please help with tire decision. (long wearing/good traction 22 dirt tire)