CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Got the new elka's out for the first ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the new elka's out for the first ride

And they sucked. They seemed to work decent on the track but as soon as I hit the trails with my buddies it was a nightmare. I adjusted them to the softest setting and it was still beating the crap out of me. I felt every little bump HARD! And forget trying to hit 4th or 5th gear, it felt like it was going to throw you right of the bike. I called elka and they looked up my info and said they might of sent me the wrong shocks. I hope so because these ones SUCK! Sorry guys just had to vent a little after spending $2000 and them not working.

Old 07-12-2004, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

Elka really missed on the valving for a set of Elka shocks I had on an '02 DS650 Baja as well. Elka is good to work with though, and they will revalve them as many times as it takes to get them right. It sure is a major pain (and expense) to ship them to Canada and back each time though. If you can't get them worked out to your liking you could always sell them on E-bay, and pop for a set of Ohlins shocks. I had Ohlins shocks on my last ATV, and they were <u>perfect!</u>, ... easily a level above prior Elka or Axis shocks I have had. Good luck.

Old 07-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

JMAC save on the shipping and send or take your shocks to TCS. They should be able to set them up perfectly for you. I had them rebuild my rear shock and they did a great job. They told me that TCS shocks are just reworked elkas with a TCS sticker on them. Give em a call.

Old 07-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

I called Elka and told them about the problem. They looked up my info and found out they shipped me someone else's shocks that were setup for 100% mx riding. So I sent them back and they said they would have mine to me in a week. They also covered all shipping costs. They are a very good company to work with and stand behind their products.

Old 07-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

I agree, i called em up to ask a few install questions with my linkage....so they went out to there shop and broke my same model atv down...took some detailed pics and emailed em to me in under 30 minutes

Now that was impressive and helped me out, then they said the dealer I bought the shocks from should have put the linkage together prior to shipping it to me.

I am sure you will like them if they are setup right for your riding preferences....mine make a world of difference and make me a better rider on rough terrain

enjoy and good riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]