CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

It's been a while since the LTE duals have been released. Comments?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's been a while since the LTE duals have been released. Comments?

It's really interesting to me that you guys have found the direct mount filter is a loss in HP. That has NOT been my experience.

My riding experience (actual dune hill climbing) is that the direct mount filter adds a good amount of HP (I would guess 3-4HP!)

Only other thing I can think is that the altitude I ride at (about 4000' ASL) makes the direct mount more of an advantage.

It's been a while since that modification was done and I have no way to duplicate any testing but, I'm pretty sure I re-jetted too so, it wasn't like I was just way lean or something.

Old 08-25-2004, 05:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i rode that 730 before it went, it displayed the same low rpm bog or hesitation mine had with out the tube, since going to the tube it is actually easy to ride(mine). those lte aren't woods loud but there not quiet either, forgot ron had those on that machine. i got a chance to see those dyno runs and there is no kidding there was a lot of adjustments to get power.

Old 09-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

there is a fellow ds rider in my area that has a new ds. he just bought aRW 11.5-1 piston, lectron 46, lte duel exhaust and a nos boon doctor set up. ill keep ya informed on how well it works. still dont like cutting the frame and taking the airbox out.

Old 11-24-2004, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

bump

Old 11-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Sandman,

It is true that there were a lot of adjustments to get the most power, but I don't agree in saying there was a lot of ajustments "to get power". Your also not mentioning that his quad was at about 74 hp before all of those adjustments were made. When they were complete, he was able to get more power, I think around 77 hp.

Understanding the application is important as well. If you ride in the dunes, you can quiet down the LTE to 96 db. All it takes is a quiet core, of course, when you want more power, take them out. It is true that if the air tube was in place its possible that the pipe would have gained more horsepower - But Im not sure if thats a fault of LTE, or a fualt of mere space on the DS.

I still know of no other performance exhaust that is as quiet as the LTE, and produces the same amount of power. If so, show me. The LTE is not a drag pipe, and not a Ron Wood Racing pipe - they are a good dune pipe. When you consider the cost of tickets in DB viloations, A lot of people feel they are a good investment.

These pipe threads are good for the new comer because they point out the most common misconception about performance parts in general - that there is only one good part that is the best- As mentioned by other very prominent folks, who I respect fully, finding the right parts to meet your application is the key to rider happiness. This is true for cams, carbs, and even the quad itself.

Old 11-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

probably stated wrong on the LTE i like those pipes just wish they were on the outside of the frame like the raptor. ron's machine when set up with the LTE's was a great ride wish more people could have rode it like that. sandman