CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

please list any/all problems on your 04/05

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please list any/all problems on your 04/05

I had a 01 and know the 04X, The only thing I had was the dash bord would rattle when I landed jumps, so I put some foam between the rubber connectors stoped that.I paid $6400.OTD And I have to say I have had a few(8) ATV's in the last 14 year's. And i never bought the same model twice untill the DS. What A Hoopy.

Old 08-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

Just the battery and that is replaced.Oh yea and all the parts i must replace while i
learn how to ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

it MUST just be my quad.... the only thing that really should have been my error, was the clutch springs = clutch shaft breakage...but the rest is getting annoying!

i got an OTD price on a 450r today... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] just playing with my options [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I think if didnt have so many problems with mine i would want to buy another in an instant...

man that 450 is lightweight though! (i do love the simplicity of the design...but dont like how everything under the seat (ie, carb) is so close to the frame/plastic/engine...so to jet your bascially pulling the carb.

read in one of the magazines (dirtwheels i think) that honda is supposed to have another quad coming out? and from the dealers i have heard to look for a new suzuki, and a new arctic cat (eventually...)

Old 08-23-2004, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only problems I've had is the oil pressure sensor. Looks like the third one went out on my drive home from Silver Lake, MI over the past weekend. It wasn't on (lit up) all weekend. After a 3 hour drive home 55mph - 80mph, the light is on yet again and won't turn off. So, this will be the third sensor I have to replace (this one isn't under warranty).

Old 09-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just try to be honest,
Baja or Ds Main Problem :
- Electronic Problem.
- Bearing at the rear swing arm inside main housing.
-exphensive..sell...cheap.

Old 09-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

2004 DSX's model # 7995----->top piston ring shattering------>5 confirmed cases and rising
2003 DS Baja Model # 7718------> top piston ring shattered-------> 2 and looking for more
Voltage rectifier
Axle bearings
Taillight bulbs
thats be ablout all I can think of right now...

Old 09-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

I posted this thread over a year ago. If you guys still want to respond to it thats fine. It was at a point in time when my ds was basically falling apart on me and I was contemplating selling it. I have come to the realization I dont have the 4k to be blowing on trading in mine for a new one, and of course you cant leave them alone, so theres a couple thousand in parts. SO...I decided last year I would keep it.

Old 09-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

04 Baja X. No problems other than a recall. I had to take back to the dealer to have the rear bearings greased or replaced due to an error at the factory. They forgot to put grease in there. The dealer changed my bearings out just to be sure they were ok.

Old 09-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

04X

electrical--electrical-- electrical

since day one..dead battery every day if i dont start it and some crazy azz stuff with the reg/rec...only runs with head lights on and will only pop start

needs new battery and reg/rec and i am perfect...

SUCK IT UP AND RIDE THE DS!.... this the best machine on the planet, all machines have issues work em out and ride--thats what we do

Old 09-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: R00ST
how many of you guys have done mods to your 04/05? (i was thinking if i got another i would leave it alone..) the only problem i have had that was self induced, was clutch springs...ended up costing me 100 bucks in parts... but i assume that is becauset the springs put so much tension on the shafts...

i was thinking id do pipe/cdi/filter and leave it at that... (and with the extra stock HP it should be pretty good)

Jmac*- checked out your pics, i forgot how SWEET your DS looked! did you buy the orange plastic from bomb? what did it cost? i would love to do an ALL black quad...but am afraid the plastics will look so trashed in a matter of 2-3 woods rides, so may end up buying orange plastic if i get a new one...
Did you powdercoat/paint the rims/arms? are the arms on the 04/05's the darker frame color, or the old gray color? (cant remember from when i saw it in person) if you had it PC'd how much did it cost for everything? if its paint, does it chip at all?
The black does look like **** after a couple of rides in the woods. I had my 02 baja in full black. It looked sweet before I rode it in the woods. As far as my plastics now, they are factory red plastics. The rims, bumpers, a-arms, & swingarm are all powdercoated. It finish is very durable.

Quick Reply: please list any/all problems on your 04/05