CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Boondockers nitrous for DS

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boondockers nitrous for DS

I run the NOS systems and have never had a problem. Yes they have more parts but seem to be very reliable.....

Old 09-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Range Rover
when your holding the football - people will throw evrything they can at you to strip it away .... including the waterboy at the end of the bench.

Here is a little more to think about.

Let`s say you are drag racing...your at the line with the RPM`s up...the bottle is armed...you drop the clutch and ---> BOG ---> BANG --> Junk for a top-end. True, 99% of the time you are`nt going to bog a N20 motor off the line. But I have seen it done several times,especially gearing for an insane 60' or running a VERY aggresive tire combination. That is one of the issues I have with injecting the N20. The engine has no choice except to take it as its shoved down its throat...then it has to decide if it can utilize it....or say NO WAY in a big way.

With the Dockers system....it is naturally aspirated. = Safer. The engine ONLY consumes as much N20 as it can handle. The rest simple evaps through the airfilter element. No sweat if you bog off the line. Or even if you want to apply N20 at other throttle positions rather than wide open. (although I can`t imagine why you would want to do that) ...but you could.

oh...and the nitrous "hit" on my system....breath-taking!

Food for thought.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Thanks again amd!!!! You are always of great help. Thanks for clearing that up Big Mike.

I have found a GREAT Atv shop here in town with EXELLENT customer service, and a regular QUAD DYNO that is more than resonable for $$!!
Its called .Powerhouse ATV The guy is very cool and knows his stuff, I look to put down some decent HP #s tomorrow.
Moderators, I have no bussiness affiliation w/ this shop.FYI.

Old 09-09-2004, 07:50 PM
amd
Pro Rider

That is a good point forcefed, the dockers system is great for some people. I like to be able to give my motors as much n20 as they can safely handle. The dockers system is as safe as n20 can get. If it only allows a certain amount to be injected in that to me is a waste of n20, BUT good in its own way. Like I have said I like that dockers has put R&D into their kits. I am not knocking boondockers at all for their systems, I know what the diffrences can be in a dry kit to a wet kit (persey). But the fuel is what makes the power the n20 just always more, so if there isn't enough fuel there is no power, to a point...lol.. The boondockers does the same thing just a little diffrent. I just like the fact that a fogger mixes the n20 and the fuel at the same point, to where as the dockers injects n20 into the tube then mixes with the fuel at the carb and then gets pulled into the intake. See what I am saying.

Why dont somebody send me a dockers system so I can play with it..lol

Old 09-09-2004, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

After seeing Vipers Boon system run I have to admit I am not as against it as I was. I still thik they are not as consistant as a properly set up wet system. Sandman, I am tellin ya, you wont beleive how much more consitant and harder hitting your system will be once you get a heater and regulate that bottle pressure. You will know exactly the amount of hit every single time, right now your only going off of whats available in the bottle resulting in what I saw as a rich condition most of the time. Never did get to run her dangit, oh well, next time right!!

DSa, For the shot size your talking about a 110/pump gas mix would be suffecient. When you start into the higher HP range shots, than you start to have to look into higher octanes with lower specific gravities for the best atomization, then like you saw with Jeff's bike you also have to start to play with your jet spacings. I dont think Boondocker gets into that level of shots though.

Mario, dont go confusing yourself with trying to figure jets vs. the soleniod, line size ect. The biggest regulator in the whole system is the jets anyways and then you need to just make sure your bottle pressure is consitant. You do that and you need never a worry. AMD is right, there is a big difference on how NOS effects a single cylinder motor VS a V8 motor. I see to many people that think they are the same and there not. I have found the Holley/NOS site as one of the most informative on all of it. Now that you have her tuned in, hit the button, hold the button and enjoy winning those races.

From what I have seen at DS days, they can keep the turbo's give me a simple to tune NOS system anyday. (no offense Major, you know what I think of your quad!!)

Old 09-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Forcefed, I overlooked that completely in responding to the questions. I did test that when I did the install, and everything was ok. So you are right, if infact that is the case you will need to richen the jetting. Bigdaddy, the motor is all stock inside, for now. The carb I think adds a extra little something to the setup. As I watched Sandman take off when draggin, when his nos hits, holy ****, hold on. That machine stands on end like no other. I dont have a micro switch, so I dont grab for nos till I shift for third, so I am already moving pretty good. I dont think any nos system is bulletproof, this system I am sure will show its flaws eventually. I just hope it dont cost me an engine before its found. For those of you who sled also, I will let you know later how this kit rocks on them, for it will be going on my sled as well. As to the larger shots, I heard boondockers where testing a 6 hole, or 30hp shot at St. Anns earlier in the year on a yfz450, I guess it didnt like it to much and it was towed home, just a rumor have you. They sell larger nozzles, plus dual nozzles for the sleds, so sixty horse shots are possible.

Old 09-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

I just updated my photos. There is some pics of my setup for those who are interested. Might take a while for the mods to ok them.

Old 09-10-2004, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

Nice pics Viper. Man, that bottle is pretty hidden. I went the old fashioned route and fabbed a bracket for up front. Very clean, but not very stealthy.
I will be running a 25 - 30hp shot on a forged piston. I'm fairly confident in the motors ability to hold up. I just hope I can hold on! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'll post some pics in the next few days, and should have a report by next week end. Mario is on the Dyno tomorrow (Friday) and if all goes well, I'll be on the dyno next Friday. I know that Mario has a lot of work to do. He's looking to super-fine tune that Lectron 48 and then tune the NX. Sick thing about his monster is that it's sick fast w/out the button. Once we get his system HYPER-TUNED, I doubt there will be much that touches him. Doesn't hurt that he can ride his A$$ off.

Mario should do a couple of pics on his system. Real clean and probably won't need a warmer in the winter. His Solenoids are VERY stealth, and the system is real clean.

I figure that with me looking like I can carry the DS on my back, and flying up the hill, everyone will know something was up. No sense hiding anything. That said, it's also very clean setup. I'm pretty **** about my sled. Mario probably thinks I should be committed or put in jail for being so stupid about my monster.

Old 09-10-2004, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

650Viper nice pictures & nice nitrous setup! How big of a bottle is that & how many runs do you get out of it?

Old 09-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys, its a 2.5lb bottle. And it all depends on where your at on how long it will last. During Ds days, with really low bottle pressure, I seemed to get like 10 runs in. If I was to heat the bottle, I bet I could only get 4 or 5 runs in. At st anns, where the race hills are shorter but steeper, I can run most of the day if I only use it when I really need to. At Ls Utah, 4 or 5 runs max with low bottle pressure too, thats a long run.

Quick Reply: Boondockers nitrous for DS