CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Any DS-Days Updates?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any DS-Days Updates?

Where did you pass out at Mark?

I may have to call Tank for pictures [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

A few of my buddies were laughing at all of us calling eachother by our screen names. They don't get on the forums and think it is all a little silly. Kind of is when you see us all calling eachother by our screen names but, tough to get screen names / faces / real names all down.

Cape Wendy: I have some pictures and video I'll send you on a DVD if you send me some of that apple stuff. I wasn't there Saturday night to try it. Sounds awesome.

Sandman: Did you have to spray to beat Schwendi?
lol - next to the Nitrous fill station. . . Did you have a few bottles under your pillow? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Crackerjack: Glad that thing went together well for you. You need two helmet cams... one to take pictures of what you are seeing ahead of you and the other to show the look on the guys face behind you.

OregonDunePatrol: Thanks for the props on our little riding spot. Weather is tough to beat this time of the year too for Sand Mt. I agree, it is a great location for this event and I think Labor Day Weekend is a great time for the event. Should continue to be a regular gathering.

Old 09-06-2004, 08:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Mark, What the heck happened to your ds???? Did you not give the preacher the extra cash??LOL
Ive been lucky with this build, Its going on a year of hardcore power adders and hard hill shooting, You must have had something pretty serious happen to your motor, fill me in please.

Old 09-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: crackerJack

Schwendi, were you running the candy orange DS. That was a fast bike. Out of the hole and through the woops it really flew. I don't think many kept up.
Mine is orange but its of the Yamaha variety [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Schwendi, ah yes we raced a few times. Mines the Red Ds with yellow flames. You have a nice looking and fast quad. Good racing!

Old 09-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DuneMe
Where did you pass out at Mark? I may have to call Tank for pictures [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

OregonDunePatrol: Thanks for the props on our little riding spot. Weather is tough to beat this time of the year too for Sand Mt. I agree, it is a great location for this event and I think Labor Day Weekend is a great time for the event. Should continue to be a regular gathering.
What pictures of me passed out?! If you got them, let me know and I will be happy to post them on my website, there are already some in there and it might add nicely to the existing collection! LOL . Actually I think I remember quite a bit ... I started to crawl into the truck to sleep and about 4 guys said I wasnt going anywhere (Going to SLEEP I said!)- Of course, I did end up sleeping in the cab of my truck, the bed of my truck, and underneath it at one point or another. I kept waking up to people tasting Ron's 'second pass' see food (no, not sea food) and apple pie drink. Why dont people learn to do that without making so much noise? Anyways, I got up at 6am (where were you guys? - hangover ???) and fresh as a daisy. I took the 440EX out for a morning ride too. Later, I drove into town, watched some HBO, had some breakfast.

As far as the DS .... She's sitting in the garage pretty as ever. The motor is all good with no problems whatsoever. I rather enjoyed the EX on this trip - and quite a few other people enjoyed riding it too! I was impressed with the turbo though --- thats a thought!

BTW - Were those your friends that had the YFZs? If so, they were pretty cool.

Old 09-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Range Rover

Sure was fun this weekend... I enjoyed it.

CrackerJack - Thanks for the ride on the turbo and the ride around the Mtn.

Sure was fun on Gary's NOS bike. 25 hp hit and off it went. Got all the kinks worked out and ran great.

Tim had fun on the turbo and was nipping at Jeff's heels on sunday. Sunday's race was Jeff, Tim on the TVI turbo, Sandman on his TVI720 w/NOS and me on the TVI NOS bike. If soemone else was on the TVI NOS bike they would have done better than me!!!!!!! I beat Sandman one time and that was it. He a much better racer than I.

Thanks again for the great time. Nice meeting some new people and getting acquianted with old friends.

Old 09-07-2004, 03:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Crackerjack,

Your Turbo rocks! I think you made a great buy. Once you get the clutch straightened out I think you'll be even faster, and this is all with what, only 6 lbs of boost? WOW! On my second run I went up the far right side of the hill so I could avoid the whoops and stay in the power more - I didn't want to test out your suspension & risk screwing up your perdy toy. Even with the odd clutch deal, it was still accelerating in 4th when I got to the top, I don't know how fast I was going (no other ATVs around, perhaps they were all behind me?) but Tom (bombdsbaja) said I was moving pretty good. Riding the turbo will take some getting used to - I let up on the throttle just a little a time or two and you loose a lot of your power in doing that so it has got to be held pinned. (I think I let up just from not being used to the different feel of the throttle on the EFI.) I'd meet you up at St. Anthony's but it is one hell of a drive; I'm sure I'll make it there some day though.

As far as the name game - just try to match the face with the online name first, then ask the person their real name till you remember it. Since you already know the online personality, you'll be able to match that with the face better than a first name.

I'm going to look forward to next years event, and I really have to thank Sean (jetsnow600) and his dad as well as bombdsbaja and Jeff for their hospitality, the food, the lodging, the help, the riding, the BSing, all of that made for a very good few days & made the 7 hour drive very well worth it. I have a feeling this event will grow more and more each year, I know I talk about it on other boards I'm on and Craig / wingnut from ATVMX.com showed up and was hanging with us as well - he's a great guy from Vegas who is also good to hang with.

Sand Mountain is a great hill to test & tune at - you are camped so close to the hill it isn't difficult to work on your quad, run over to the hill then see what changes. I also have to thank 650Viper for his help in tuning my DS. On that note I think I'm going to try some of the 60% springs to see if it changes anything. I also have to agree it is a good location for the entire west coast and even going inland a few states as well, I have a feeling this is what will keep it popular is a relativly central location to a lot of machines / people.

I've got a ton a picture I'll be posting on my site and as soon as I get the ones bombdsbaja took (as well as lots of video) I'll be posting those as well. If anyone else has good photos they want posted on the net just shoot me a pm with your email and I'll tell you where to send & see them. Im pretty sure bombdsbaja also got some good pics and maybe video of some of those female quad riders who were fun to look at (who cares if the quad was fast or not.) I know I got a couple of pics of the girl riding the drag banshee - we'll see if they look decent or not.

Old 09-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

Well sorry guys for taking so long to get this wrote up. Going to sound like to academy awards for a second here so stay with me here. BIG BIG BIG thanks to Majorecho and DSaholic. Freinds like you guys are hard to come by! Thanks to Gary @ TVI for letting me spend Saturday on the 800/Nos bike. And thanks to Jeff for that absolutly amazing rail ride. NOW the good stuff................

Majorecho, DSa, DSa's GF, and myself all headed out Wed afternoon. It was a great trip down with lots of excitement in the air. Pushed the wind the whole way so it took about 10 hours to get there. We arived about 11:30 I think and basically said our hellos to those that were there and went to bed for the night. We got camp set up the next day and started to arrange for the giant circle that never really worked out. There was just too many people for one circle but we were all in the same area so it worked just as good.

As you have read, the biggest disapointment of the weekend was all the machines that went down. I was sick when I saw Major getting pulled back to camp after only a few minutes of riding, then again on the TVI turbo as well. Noone has luck like Major does thats for sure but the man never stops helping others with a smile on his face. Then add in Rodney's 463 whatever blowing up and then the surprise of the weekend when Dune Me's 760 went down. Then King Raptors Turbo Rappy blew the head gasket. Had a slight scare with Jeff's 830 but ended up ok but his 703 was having carb issues and never really got running. There was probably more that I am forgetting but I hope not.

I think that some of these machines are beginning to push the envelope on just how much performance can be had. Everyone is probably starting to understand the constant problems that Scooby had with his quad. When your pushing them that hard your bound to blow it up eventually.

It was really great to get to see everyone again and meet many new people as well. There was so many people and so much going on it seamed that I just couldnt get around to visit with everone as much as I would have liked to. One for instance is MarkyNark, been great freinds for years and finally got to meet in person but wish I could have visited more. Before this trip I wasnt sure what to expect of meeting The King (kingraptor). He was one funny dude, liked his attitude too. The way he looks at it is you dont bring the quads to put around with, you bring em to run em so lets get it on. Ohhh yah and its all stock too baaaahahahahaha.

Let me tell you guys something, Rodney, KMDuner and AZsand deffinatly get the partiers of the weekend award. They never let up and were always a hoot to be around. Capewindy mixed up a apple pie drink that you read about and let me tell ya, that stuff will hit you like a bomb so be forwarned!! He also supplied up a big ol pot of fresh oystures that he steamed on a big boiler setup. They sure were good but man they were brutal coming back up. Saturday night was one I dont want to relive anytime soon and I swore I wasnt even going to get a buzz while being there hmmmmm failed that one. Again a big thanks to Majorecho there too, guy has his quad blow up and then has to take care of the drunk too YOUR THE MAN!!

Azsand deffinatly didnt disapoint, wish he had his rail with him but his golf cart was awesome, it even has spinners on it! Then on Friday eve they decided it was time for the fireworks show. Shot off a bunch of flares and mortors when Jeff, Keith, and Rod could get the lighters to work, Darn wind. Jeff wouldnt let them launch a Mortor out of the tailpipe on his rail though. Then Rodney unroled the single biggest firecracker role I had ever seen. He unrolled it and it went about half way down the mountain then he played Rocky trying to run back up the hill. That thing went off for I would bet a good half hour solid.

Jeff's rail is sick, thats the only way to put it. When he took Dune ME, Major, and myself on a ride, he didnt hold back. I loved it but have to admit there were a few times I was glad for a slow down so I could catch my breath. Way better than any rollercoaster ride I have ever been on. the suspension and power were awesome combination. I always wonderd what it felt like to take whoops at what seamed like 100mph. Then when he aired it out it was as smooth as silk, talk about fun. It was cool, beat out Dune Me a second time (first time was AZ's Nos system LOL) with the fast words and got shotgun too.

Yep did get to ride in the Tom Pro like Dune Me said. That thing was blazingly fast and was actually faster than Jeff's but what do you expect with them having nearly the same HP but it weighs near half as much. Only a 2 seater to.

I didnt get to do a whole lot of racing because I didnt have a quad that was much of a contender. I did ride the TVI 800/NOS bike on Saturday for most of the day getting it dialed it with its jetting and went through and cleaned up the carbs for Gary on it. Once I got her jetted close she ran strong, had more bottom end than anything I have ever ridden, it would launch like a rocket out of the hole. Then it would kinda fall on its face in the higher gears and higher RPM's. That I think was due to the timing being retared for running the NOS. I never got to run her on the NOS though, there were a few problems and I just flat ran out of time to get that system fixed but it sounds like Gary and DSslueth got her fixed up Sunday after we had left. Finally for the first time ever did some bowls....no not the kind that makes you laugh and think funny, the kind made of sand that you ride in. Took me a bit to do the superbowl but Sean (jetsnow600) and Major werent about to let up till I went, once I did, it was alot of fun.

I wont go into the whole who was fast and that stuff, from what I read, I would say everyone is spot on. DSa's bike does deserve a mention though, it held its own against everything but the big bores and power added bikes. I think him and Major did a really nice job on its build. 650 Viper's bike ran extremely strong too.

It was a great time for all, and for those that didnt make it this year, I hope this little report will show the kind of fun that is had there. Marky was right, the atmosphere there is like no other.

Old 09-07-2004, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

Well as Demon said it was good to see everyone again and I have to give a big thanks to Jeff for the ride in the rail and for letting me take the 830 for a spin up the hill. Demon sumed it up pretty well so I won't make this long. Jed (650viper) we will have to hook up this winter and ride that canyon you were telling me about it sounds like a real blast. I also think that I will be putting the boondocker kit on the DS for next year that is for sure. Anyways I had a blast and think that there should be a real big warning on that apple pie stuff as it sure did kick alot of us in the butt that is for sure.

Jeff you really need to get that rail up to St anthonys and let us show you around I can promise you that you will love it up there.

As for AZ and the "boys" It has been a long time since I have laughed that had so I say thanks, Keith I hope that you head still isn't pounding since you were in pretty bad shape when we left.

All in all it was a awsome weekend and the best trip of the year.

Old 09-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: DemonDS
Then King Raptors Turbo Rappy blew the head gasket.
I'm suprized he didn't break out his wifes raptor and mop everybody up with that after the head gasket blew on his.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Any DS-Days Updates?