CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Pami VS 535 K&T Alky Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pami VS 535 K&T Alky Banshee

Originally posted by: Daren420
I don't understand what your point is.

I guess the 5 seconds cars at the drag strip that have 800 hp and 500 hp worth of juice are street cars and not race cars just because they can technically be driven on the street? Be realistic.
How many 2 stroke cars do you see on the street? Are we talking about ATV's or cars?

Old 09-27-2004, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Does it matter? The point is yes I have a drag Banshee. Is a 725+ Pami equipped with nitrous a trail quad? Sorry you missed my analogy.

I don't see any 2 stoke cars, but I do operate 2 stroke diesel locomotives for the BNSF railroad if you're interested.

Old 09-27-2004, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Does it matter? The point is yes I have a drag Banshee. Is a 725+ Pami equipped with nitrous a trail quad? Sorry you missed my analogy.

I think that he can get off his "ATV" & turn the bottle off & ride the trails. Can you get off your "ATV" & turn off the override was all I was asking? Well maybe not but that was were I was going, I think.

Old 09-27-2004, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

He can turn the bottle off without getting off the bike. Yes, I'm sure he can trail ride it that way. I'm sure they are a blast on the trails. But, do you think he spent the money on a 700+ cc Pami and added nitrous to classify it as a trail bike? Heck no, he wanted it to kick butt wherever he went. How many people do you know drive to Aledo from MO to see if they have the fastest trail bike?? How many videos on his website are of trail riding??

For your information, I have a stock DS to ride the trails.

I didn't build my Banshee to be a trail bike. I guess my 400 Cheetah could have had been setup with nitrous and a +8 or +10 swingarm and been a trail bike too.

Jeff, I'm not trying to start anything with you over this, I'm just trying to make my point.

I have also heard people talk about lightweight drag DS's, but I guess they could be flat track quads??

Old 09-27-2004, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

He can turn the bottle off without getting off the bike. Yes, I'm sure he can trail ride it that way. I'm sure they are a blast on the trails. But, do you think he spent the money on a 700+ cc Pami and added nitrous to classify it as a trail bike? Heck no, he wanted it to kick butt wherever he went. How many people do you know drive to Aledo from MO to see if they have the fastest trail bike?? How many videos on his webiste are of trail riding??

For your information, I have a stock DS to ride the trails.

I didn't build my Banshee to be a trail bike. I guess my 400 Cheetah could have had been setup with nitrous and a +8 or +10 swingarm and been a trail bike too.

Jeff, I'm not trying to start anything with you over this, I'm just trying to make my point.

I have also heard people talk about lightweight drag DS's, but I guess they could be flat track quads??
I don't know about that. I just posted about what commets that were made regarding this post. Sorry to upset anyone! If I have mis-posted any info regarding this post, just let me know. That is to this thread that I have posted to.

Old 09-27-2004, 01:34 AM
amd
Pro Rider

I am glad to see this has turned into a 2 stroke/4 stroke thread. I say that "thebom" posted the video as he posts all his videos as just entertainment. I like watching fast 4 stroke bikes, I could really care less to watch 2 strokes race. You see one drag banshee you have seen them all to a point. I am much more impressed by a fast 4 stroke then a 14 mill that can run 3.70s, hell it should. All the "theboms" ds's run good, but no 4 stroke will ever run good to the 2 stroke guys. I believe we do this stuff to have fun right?. So what does it matter what it is huh?. So.

So if that guy on the 535 cant tune his own bike which is the case with alot of people, that isnt "theboms" fualt is it. Seems to me that everytime "thebom" comes out to race his stuff is always running good. It is alot easier to always have your stuff running at its best when you can tune it yourself, that shows who nows their stuff or who can just fork out money.

Old 09-27-2004, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

CJoe,

I wasn't upset nor was I looking for an argument, but I wanted to make my point clear. I will agree that if my stock DS had a nitrous setup, it would be an all around rideable bike with the nitrous for when I wanted to drag. But when my bike is referred to as a drag bike and a fully modified Pami 700+ cc DS with NOS or NX is referred to as a trail quad, I can't help but think we're not keeping it real.

You saw the videos, does that thing run like a trail bike? NO! Do trail bikes have chrome a-arms?, which by the way look awesome. Do trail bikes run Marvin Shaw shocks? +8 swingarms? cut fenders? pocket milled hubs? aluminum airbox? OK, I'm sure you get the point. I know not all of his DS's have these items, but it is an interesting way to think about it.

Its been fun guys but its time for bed. No hard feelings. LOL.

Daren

Old 09-27-2004, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: THEBOM
Now your telling me a cut trans and drag pipes are trail friendly? Come on, you know better. If so your trails must have been made by a D-6 dozer.
You've lost me in the translation. In my lingo, I think it would be trails made by a Jordan Spreader with a 3000 hp SD-40 EMD locomotive.

Old 09-27-2004, 03:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

amd, why is it more impressive to see a 760cc DS with nitrous run a 4.6 (for example) then a 14mm banshee with just as much money in the motor turn a 3.7? Lets not play favorites now. Until you've actually seen a 3.7 banshee side by side on the drag strip with a 4.6 DS id understand why you dont respect what we do.

Explainations and excuses aside you posted this thread to brag. Its pretty obvious and you denying this is rather pointless. I watched the video again, and although this isnt accurate that banshee crossed the cones just shy of 4 seconds. I doubt that is a true 300ft and at which case he was still far ahead of you. Maybe we can run one day. I guess that is the only way we will see eye to eye on how a well running bike should do. I know you wouldnt complain about frames, ect and such.

Lastly, overrides can be duned as ive done it many times. My gas 370 single cyl 250r runs 4.5's in a stock geometry chassis. Id be willing to bet that little gas single could give you all you want. A properly tuned 535 motor from kim destroy's that little 370.

Old 09-27-2004, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

I'm sorry you can only see what you you want. It seems to me you are doing the bragging now.

I'm done with this because you don't know the difference between entertainment and bragging.

I guess you should not read my post or look at my videos if it bothers you so much.

Peace [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Pami VS 535 K&T Alky Banshee