CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Pami VS 535 K&T Alky Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pami VS 535 K&T Alky Banshee

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
I read my post that i put up on here last night and some of it didnt make sense. Maybe because it was late or something? But what i meant is if a 2-stroke is popping and spitting you can be sure the jetting is extremely far off.I dont know what your trying to prove "thebom" but yes, its not your fault that the guy had a crappy running bike that day. It is however your fault for posting the video and bragging about the win. Obviously you knew the guys bike was running like crap, but that didnt stop you from posting it did it.Scooby, ill watch the video in a second.
DaBeechMan, I like to race. I win some I lose some. Don't you do the same. If you watched the video that Scooby posted, I took that too. Just so you know I post races win or lose.

I also post them because its give people things to watch. I guess If I was running a 2 stroke you would like me better. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i have many friends that are 4-stroke drag racers. 4 of them are apart of this board as a matter of fact. I saw scooby's post and the banshe had you by 3 bikes (give or take) and you werent even 60 yards out. That is a bery large gap and your bike runs well.

But posting on here your pami against K&T's 535 is a little rediculous considering you knew he had problems with his bike, you did it out of immature 4-stroke pride IMO. I raced a 4-stroke in avenal against my bike 800cc banshee. Now...would i be proving anything by posting that video even though i know his bike wasnt right or wasnt running correctly? Just a matter of good sportsmanship IMO i guess. All of us are different, but you never hear me talk or brag about who or what i beat. And believe me, i dont lose many

Old 09-26-2004, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

You seem to read more into this post than was ment. I had never raced this 535 K&T before, so I had no idea how well it ran. You acuess me of somthing that you wasn't even there. You act like I was picking on a cripled bike or somthing. I guess every bike that pulls up by you thats not running spot on , you tell them you can't race them becuase they are not tuned as well as yours. I don't think so. You don't know me or how many times I even raced this bike. How are you such a judge? All you have to go on is a clip that I offered and you down that.

As far as posting Pami vs 535 K&T. Is this not what it was? A title? I still haven't seen the bragging.

As far as the video that Scooby sent, you need to look at it closer, the cones you see was the 300ft mark. I was ahead till there. We was racing 1/8 mile. He did go on by, but this was the fastest 2-stroke against the fastest 4-stroke. I see no shame it it.

As far as sportman ship Win, lose or draw, I will shake your hand and wish you the best. You can ask any one I have ever race.

Just lighten up. I bet you have high blood pressure over somthing so meaning less.

Old 09-26-2004, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

the only thing that bothers me about todays bragging is everybody brings the engine builder into it. I beat a K&T or A&S or Sparks or Craycraft. for that reason alone I will not be having a big time builder touch my bike. I dont think you beat a k&t unless you race one of the munchmores themselfs, And I dont think you would beat them. Just because the bike has some work done to it by a builder doesnt make it one of there bikes, there is so much other stuff involved to having a good running machine that they have no control over. It is cool that you beat A BANSHEE and a fairly modified one as well. I beat a really famous internet guy one weekend but his bike was far from right so I never even claimed it because I knew he could do alot better.

Old 09-26-2004, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer

I would just like to say that there is a whole lot of bitching and gripeing......regardless of the tuning issue, the guy on the shee was boasting about his times and he got beat end of story, if he wants his pride back he should do a little tunning and rematch. everyone's machines have good days and bad ones. one weekend when I don't have any side jobs I need to come out and play, granted these guys with small fortunes raped up in there turbo,alky,injected,blown,rocket powered off road dragsters will probobly beat me, or maybe not. all I have is 540cc single cylinder 2-stroke no alky and only a 2+ swing arm, but it's fast. I would like to take it out to MAR in wentzville one night though.

Old 09-27-2004, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Daren420

You keep bringing up this "drag only" stuff, and he and I do have "drag only" Banshees due to the override tranny. I don't know if that matters or not, because in my opinion, nitrous isn't exactly for trail riding. LOL.

I thought that you could turn off the nitrous to trail ride? Can you turn off the override tranny to trail ride?

Old 09-27-2004, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think Gene was necessarily boasting about running 4.3s. Maybe he was, I don't really know him that well, but I would like to think that he was only giving that information out as reference. I raced against Gene a few times (years ago) and he seemed like a decent guy to me. The only thing I ever heard that he said back then was what hp he thought his bike had, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I was just trying to say that his bike was not running like it should be. He definitely needs to figure out what is wrong with it. That is exactly why I went to the dyno. I didn't go so I could get a number, it was because mine wouldn't run like it was supposed to. So I loaded up and went to MisterHP's dyno. I found my problems and it runs much better now.

I'd be up for some racing at MAR. I don't remember the details you told me about it though. I have new sprockets that should be here this week sometime, hopefully I can try them out Friday at my local track. Put some possible dates up here and I'll see if any of them will work for me.

By the way, my bike does NOT have any of the following:

turbo,
alky,
injection,
blower,
nor rocket power,
and I'm less cc's than you!

Jeff, you are right when you say our Banshees are drag bikes. I could put a stock tranny back in it and put inframe pipes on it, but it still won't be a trail bike. But at the same time, I don't consider your highly modified DS's with the "bottle open" option trail bikes either. Why did you build it? Why do you have nitrous kits? Because you built them to win drag races. And you do win drag races, even against the big two strokes.

I don't consider your atvs full on drag bikes (yet) (except for the new one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) but we don't make any mistake and underestimate them as trail bikes. You do have the option of turning off the spray, but in my opinion it is the intended purpose of that machine that makes the difference between rideable bike and drag bike. You mentioned jumping, I can't jump mine. For me to have a trail bike, I would have had to keep the 400 kit and add spray and run it on a stock arm (or no more than +4). It wouldn't be much fun to ride on trails and it surely wouldn't be winning that many races because of the short swingarm. That is where the DS's front end biased weight would be an advantage. But, none of this really matters now.

None of this is meant to be personal, these are just my opinions.

Later,

Daren

Old 09-27-2004, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

The point is that I could put a stock tranny and inframe pipes on my Banshee, but a gosh dang 535 Cheetah was not made to be a freaking trail bike. But if I wanted it to be, it could be a 535 nitrous/gas or alky/nitro Cheetah trail bike. I could ride 90 mph wheelies on it with the bottle off, but that isn't the purpose that I had intended for it. And trust me, I could do it. So call it like it is. I'm drag only and as far as I'm concerned that is what any nitrous bike is for.

Just like I don't think people invented nitrous systems to get through the woods faster.

Old 09-27-2004, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Daren420
He didn't have to mention the nitrous, I already knew. I might have to try the spray myself.
Was a override tranny made to mis-shift ?

Old 09-27-2004, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

I don't understand what your point is.

I guess the 5 seconds cars at the drag strip that have 800 hp and 500 hp worth of juice are street cars and not race cars just because they can technically be driven on the street? Be realistic.

Quick Reply: Pami VS 535 K&T Alky Banshee