CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

UTAH DS's!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

Anyone interested in hitting your little sahara (sand mountain) saturday the 25th of september. Major, do ya have your bike back together? If not where ya at on it?

justin

Old 09-15-2004, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

wish i could come. where in idaho do you live

Old 09-15-2004, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

Buhl, (twin falls area) I will probably have my buddy with me who has the Vforce 800 and all the nos at sand mountain made him get a set up. It should be a good time.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

I would be willing to make the trip down if the weather is good. I am headed down this weekend to fine tune in the N2O and the new 5 hole nozzle I should have today.

It would be good to see you guys again. Major's bike is still down and will be for a while. I hope he can get it together before the end of the season I sure do want to see that thing run.

Old 09-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

Justin- I think my chances of having it back together by then are slim to none- at this point I'm looking at a custom piston(s) being made and my jug being sleeved. Maybe by mid Oct. Hopefully the weather will hold and I'll get another trip or two in befor the snow flies.
How's your bike running? I didn't see a report from St. A's.

Old 09-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

crackerjack your buddy must be ckedd, I made plans to meet him at little sahara also that weekend, I also have a 785 vforce on nitrous, should be a fun weekend, barbecue ,cocktails, and a little hill climbin.

Old 09-16-2004, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

major, It ran great but the clutch kept slipping. I thought I had fixed it but it wasnt to be. I sanded the friction plate instead of the metal plates. I probably could have pulled choke cherry in fourth but the clutch wouldn't let me run fourth up the hills. I still beat most machines and I am still running it on the 7lbs of boost and 110octane. Overall I am very happy with it. I didn't take the screens out of the fuel tank and deprived the pump of fuel one to many times so the pump went out. I am putting the desert tank on now and have all the necessary new stuff including a cdi. I am headed to the worcs race in payette idaho this weekend. that should be a test of reliability. Hopefully all goes well on your ds. Let me know when ya are up and running. Ill meet ya at your mountain.

Sincity, ya ckedd is the guy. He went to Idaho falls today to a boondockers and had the nitrous installed. I haven't seen it in action yet. I will be working in his shop tommorrow and will see how its running. With a wheelie bar I have a hard time believing much could beat that thing in a 300ft. My turbo has to much of a lag period and that is not near enough time to catch up.

Old 09-16-2004, 03:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

DSaholic- a few of us "stockers" from West Jordan will be at Oasis Friday afternoon until Saturday eve. I assume you will be running up Sand mountian to test your N2O? Where can we look for you I'd like to meet you and check out your machine!

Old 09-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

Well I just looked at the wether for this weekend and it is going to be pretty windy so if that is the case I won't be going at all.

We went down last weekend and it was real windy and it was awfull you couldn't even see at times over at the mountain. If I wasn't there to tune the N2O I would have packed up and went home.

I will let you know for sure tomorrow morning.

Old 09-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default UTAH DS's!!!!

If the wether changes I will be coming down for the day on saturday and will be over at the mountain playing with the N2O. I drive a lifted silver superduty and have an alba graphics kit on the DS and will have my girlfriend who rides a blue banshee with me as well if I head down.

I will still plan on going down next weekend to meet the ID boys and see the turbo run.

Quick Reply: UTAH DS's!!!!