CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

who is mr hp???????

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 04:33 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who is mr hp???????

I agree with u misterhp .. but some ppl said that new dyno's ( like dyno jet ) can calculate the h.p and toruqe no matter if u use stock tires or slicks coz the roller r not smooth ( so it will provide better hook-up ) ... what do u think ?

Old 09-28-2004, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

Our rollers are knurled pretty rough but knobbies will absolutely not hook up on them. Now dont get me wrong, on a weak slow reving bike the knobbies might be ok.

Old 09-28-2004, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

If you cant tell .... Ive never been to a dyno ! !

For those people that have never been to the dyno before , is it typical for the dyno shops to have the tire / rim combo to fit any quad or is that the customers duty to bring the proper tires already mounted on the quad?
If its the customers duty , would something like a "Turf Saver" kind of tire work, you know , the same type of tire you would find on a lawn tractor?
What brand tire do you use when you run your stuff on the dyno Mrhp? How much do they cost compared to the aboved mentioned tire which is 40-50 bucks per tire?

Old 09-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

the couple of the local places here have there own tires set up for there dynos. but they are only setup for the machines they deal with. the one I deal with works on banshees mainly. so, thats all he is setup to do. he will only dyno my quad if I bring my own wheels and tires. he would not dyno with the stock tires I have.

Old 09-28-2004, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Bus... when you say "Stock" you are refering to stock knobbies right ?

Old 09-28-2004, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

yea, the radial ohtsus that came on it new. and I could not tell why he would not dyno. he just said no. so, needless to say. I have never had mine dynoed either.

Old 10-05-2004, 05:07 AM
Pro Rider

The 40 to 42HP figures where done using stock tyres and a set of holeshots. There was not much difference between the HP output of the different tyres. I agree that stock tyres will show less HP than a set of slicks. Next month I am testing lots of different mods on the DS. We will be using slicks for testing, so I will give you feedback on how much HP difference there is between using stock and slick tyres.

I will test a couple of stock DS's before adding the mods to confirm the stock HP output. The dyno we use is calibrated before each and every run. We do it religiously, and not just once per day. It has a setting for air temperature and atmospheric pressure and it is able to compensate for these changes to make sure the math works correctly.

We will let you know how it turns out.

I would like to confirm that none of the dynos I use ever match each other exactly. They all give slightly different readouts. 1HP difference at the most.

I am not a fan of using max HP, since dynos give different readings. One should take the same quad, with the same tyres and see what the HP was before and after the mods. That’s it. Look only at the increase, NOT the max power output.

Lots of mods do not increase the max HP output, but makes a massive difference in low down power and torque. One should look at the whole graph to see where the power increase happens.