CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

who is mr hp???????

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who is mr hp???????

Wow all that from who is Mr HP

Old 09-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wow all that from who is Mr HP
no kidding, these dyno conversations always go funny on us, its worse than religion, polotics, totally taboo.
well me I'm a pantheist.

Old 09-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

How much of a difference will the tires make ??

Wouldnt it be the same if you got your baseline dyno run with the same tires as when you went for the next run ... OR .... I can imagine that the knobbie tires would not be consistent enough.......

anyone???

Old 09-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

For what its worth, I'll chime in on the dyno #'s.

I have been on the dyno that was at Sill's Cycle in Paducah, KY. This is the one that AZ, Mr.HP, THEBOM, and 222 tested on that day when the stock DS turned the 44HP. This is a generous dyno. I turned 64 HP from my 350 banshee.

I built a much wilder 4mm stroker. More agressive porting, timing, better carbs, etc. This new motor was considerably faster than the 350. I was pulling 4-5 bike lengths (short track racing) on guys that I was just keeping up with. On Mr. HP's dyno my new motor turned 66HP. There was definetly more than 2HP difference.

Eric, do you know anything about EFI tuning[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]? I am about to put a pipe on my RR and need to tune my Power Commander. I also need to get those carbs from you.

Old 09-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

The point is starting to sink in!!! In arizona on the average day you can see 6 hp differance between morning dyno's and after noon dyno's and in KY.the weather is the ultimate for dynoing thats where the no's come from i feel mr hp is giving honest KY no's ive seen it with my own eye's..... But KY and AZ no's are not on the same.And yes countryjoeglass that is off a 04 and 05 red ds's with complete stock configurations.As a matter of fact KMS is the only dyno i know of in arizona that is climate controlled dynoing
and with a true eddy brake system.

Old 09-27-2004, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

AZ does their dyno use an exhaust gas analyzer and is their dyno open to the public... I dont mean free either.

Old 09-27-2004, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the reply azsand!

Old 09-27-2004, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

I can see where a lightweight flat-track type tire on a light .125" rim would make a big difference on a dyno. Add that to the (lighter) aluminum sprocket hub, 3" shorter (lighter) chain (1-1/2" shorter swingarm), and shorter (lighter) axle that the new models have make it pretty clear to me where 04's and 05's can dyno a few more ponies than some older ones.

A rough rule of thumb that I have heard is that 1 lb of rotating weight is = to 7 lbs of static weight.

Old 09-27-2004, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

Prozak,

Tires make all the difference in the world. We spent about 8-10 hours one day testing tires only, different tire types, different air pressures etc.

A knobbie tire will show a loss of power especially in the midrange where the acceleration curve of the motor is at peak because they cannot maintain traction to the roller no matter how tight the bike is strapped down. As you increase power and torque the tire has a more difficult time holding to the roller.

Flat track tires or slicks work the best for real world repetitive dynoing. Tire pressure is the next "must". If tire pressure varies more than one pound over the course of the dyno session you can be guaranteed inaccurate dyno results.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2004, 12:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Yes prozack on the analyzer and open to the public[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]