CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Parts catalog FYI

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 05:16 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts catalog FYI

Hell yeah, DSAirlines, i like it too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] About the hill climbing pics, let me know so i can check em' out. I love looking at all the guys riding pics. So would you say there was a huge difference between the stock shocks and the aftermarket ones you have? The DS suspension is so sweet, it's hard to believe it can be better. But, i'm all ears. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Have you seen the Johnny Air something website? Holy Hell that guy is nuts!!!!!!!!! Major ballz !!!! Major.

Old 09-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

baja how much were the shocks front and back? i'm thinking of getting some, i'l prob set them up close to mx to...

Old 09-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

HUGE difference between stock and what I have now. Yes, I have seen his website and yes he is crazy. The only thing you have to remember is that I am 300 lbs, and fat doesn't fly as well as muscle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. I paid $800.00 for the fronts and $700.00 for the rear. I just broke the piston in the rear shock this weekend and will be sending it back to works for fixing. Don't worry that was my fault. I came up short on a 45 ft double and then way overshot a 50 ft double. It was a rough weekend, cracked frame, destroyed rear shock and shock bolts, ruined rear swingarm, etc..... I wish I had the money and I would try out a set of elka's, they are great, but way out of my price range, and I can have my shocks rebuilt in a day because a local shop does them and parts unlimited carries the parts. That is something to think about if you ride hard and have to rebuild your shocks every three to six months like me.

Justin

Old 09-27-2004, 11:54 PM
Range Rover

Dude that uphill double pic is high. Whew! Hey, did you gain any travel front/rear from going to the new shocks? Oh, that hillclimb from the dirtbike is sick. You don't wanna come up short on that thing huh? That surface looks hard, have you climbed those hills with your DS? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

There has only been one quad that I have even heard of trying that hill. The face is all washed out and nowhere for a quad to go up. Besides hillclimbs are not my thing. Too much risk of hurting the ds. That uphill double is a 8 foot rise and peak to peak is 50 ft, and we land about 15 feet past the top peak. No, I didn't gain any travel with the shocks, but you don't really need any more.

Justin

Old 09-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Range Rover

65 Feet !!!! Holy Hell !!! You got my vote. You gotta get some pics of you landing one of those babies. Ds lowrider style. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Yeah, i wouldn't climb that hill either. Looked really dangerous. The hills we climb around here are real sandy and soft. Tall in most cases, but soft. How do you think your shocks compare to Elka's? I'd hate to spend more dough for nothing, ya' know?

Old 09-29-2004, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

Trust me, the elka elite quad rate shocks are second to none. From the ones I have rode on other wheelers they are smooth and can handle the big stuff. The price was the big thing for me. Mine still rides better than any stock quad out there, and I can jump. That was what I was looking for, and I couldn't see spending the extra money for the elka's if I could get by with the cheaper works. If money is no object, buy them, and let me come ride it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], but for what I do, I spent the extra money on repair parts, because there will be a lot when all you do is ride on a track.
Most of the hillclimbs here are hard pack or when it is dry they turn to powdered dirt and shale. Where this park is at is an old strip mine that was abandoned. There are lots of easy hillclimbs, but that one in the picture is called the wall, and for good reason. If you look at 2000IAWarrior's page then you can see some other pictures of the park, and even one of me. He is in training, so soon he will be putting us all to shame[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Justin

Old 09-29-2004, 08:19 PM
Range Rover

Hey, they way you jump your bike, i'm scared to let ya' ride mine. You might hurt it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Those were some cool pics, that dude on the Yammer 450 is nutz too. It looked hairy. He's got major nardz! Oh, what gear are you in and how much throttle do you give it to make those jumps?

Old 09-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

The uphill double is 4th gear as fast as I can climb the hill. I usually leave about 6500-7000 rpm in fourth. If you think those pics look scary, you should see the people who don't make it. That is not a pretty site.

Justin