CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

mod quad end cap, do i take every thing out of my muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mod quad end cap, do i take every thing out of my muffler?

do i gut it? i was just looking at them and they look pretty cool, i bet they are loud does anyone have one? can you tell a differance with it? thanks fellers

Old 11-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

I have a Mod Quad end cap and love it. Installing it..... you take out the 4 bolts on the stock end cap and pull it out (may take some wiggling since it's sealed with an orange rubbery substance). after that slip on the new end cap and put the bolts back it and rejet. I noticed a definitie gain in throttle response and overall performance. They are definitely louder than stock but not too loud. The DS and Raptors with WB pipes are much louder. the end cap makes it sound good too. In fact my friend's 400ex with LTE dual pipes is just as loud (but much slower [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You should make a wash plug since the ones they sell don't come big enough. just take a piece of pvc pipe (about 5 inches long) and cement a cap on one side. when you wash just drop the plug in to avoid getting water in the pipe. You definitely have to rejet after adding the end cap. I went to a 175 main at about 100 feet elevation. I didn't have to change the pilot. And I did put the clip on the needle in the lowest position.
Another must do mod is the ported intake which can be done at home or by Mr. HP at www.hpresearch.net

Old 11-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

cool thanks cain