CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

The "Weight" is Over !!! (MudMachine vs Stock)...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The "Weight" is Over !!! (MudMachine vs Stock)...

Ok Roost, here you go buddy. Stock Rim & Tire (19lbs), Mud Machine Rim & Tire (24lbs). My MudMachine's are "22x12x10". Like i said, they are not that much heavier. Considering how much more size and tread there is, i think thats pretty good. And i have not fudged these numbers at all, in case you're wondering, that is exactly what i saw on my scale. Hope this helps. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

so if the stockers were 22's i wonder what they would weigh. (that, or do they make 20 inch mud machines? kinda doubt it, but i would guess they dont weigh much more at all compared to a stocker...maybe 2-3 lbs max?)

what ply are the mud machines? are your buddies swampers significantly heavier? (swampers are 6 ply right?)

i want agressive and good tread life.

im currently looking at sur traks. i only have their tire weight (not mounted) and it is 18.5 for a 22x11x10.
according to honda/ohtsu, one mr501 (stock) = 14.4 pounds (20 inch)

so if u got 19 lbs for stock tire rims (u have normal stock rims, not reinforced right?) - 14.4 is 4.6 pounds for a stock rim. add that to the 18.5 of the sur trak and its 23.1 for sur traks. (give or take a pound they are the same as much machines, which are definately more agressive!)

if its easy enough for you, and you dont mind, id love to know what the vampires weigh. (ill go search it on google to see if i come up with anything)

Old 11-05-2004, 12:24 AM
Range Rover

Well, i used a rotary/dial type scale to weigh them, it's not a digital scale, but the total weight isn't really important. The difference from the stock weight to the MudMachines is what we're after. A difference of 5lbs is really good. Yes, i can weigh the Vampires when he comes over to my house again. I would suspect they are heavier, considering i pull his bike at any speed, in any gear, on any surface. From a standing start in the dirt, it's ugly. He's buying a set of MudMachine's next week. He already has my endcap & decals and soon to be tires, next he'll want all red plastics too. Lol. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Oh, i don't think they make a 20' MudMachine. But, all the extra bite these things have, it more than makes up for the extra 5lbs.
My rims are just normal style DS rims. I'm not 100% sure of what ply rating they are. Just look em' up on the web, it should say i think. My 10inch rims are .190's. So, you could save a little weight there too.
Oh, i've ridin' the Sur Trak's, they aren't even close. You'll regret buyin' em'. Too bad you're not close, i'd let ya' ride mine so you could feel what i'm tryin' to explain. Did you read "rldbobcat"s post about the MudMachine's? You'll see that what he's saying sounds alot like what i'm saying. They are the real deal dude. Best a/t tire for the money, or at all for that matter, from what i've used so far. It's almost too much traction in some situations.

Old 11-05-2004, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

how much have yours worn so far? and how long have u had them

Old 11-05-2004, 12:39 AM
Range Rover

Not at all, my bike is a month old. But, i had a set of these on my last bike, and wear was not an issue. As long as you stay off the concrete. They get so much grip, that a little wear could be a good thing. Oh, have you considered sellin' your spare motor yet? Just wondering. You said you weren't sure last time we spoke about it.