CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

predator?No help on the polaris forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default predator?No help on the polaris forum

A buddy of mine is getting 2 for him and his son do you guys know of any probs
or anything about them.I asked on the polaris forum and got (ride it like you stole it)
Not much help.Any info would be great.

Old 11-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

HOW OLD IS HIS SON. THE PREDATOR IS A GOOD BIKE AND NOT FOR BEGINNERS. IF HE IS NOT A NOVICE THE PREDATOR IS A GOOD CHOICE. I PERSONALLY THINK THEY ARE UGLY AS HELL BUT STRUCTURALLY THEY ARE PRETTY SOUND. I RIDE W/ ONE AND IT IS A GOOD TRAIL MACHINE. IT CAN WHIP THROUGH THE TREES ALOT BETTER THAN THE DS BUT WHEN I GET IN A FIELD OR ON THE R/R TRACKS IT OVER FOR HIM. I THINK YOUR FRIEND WILL BE HAPPY THOUGH.

Old 11-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

Go to predator owners dot com to get all the Predator info you want.

Old 11-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

His son is 15 almost 16 hes been riding a honda 300 for awhile.My buddys been riding
bikes for about 30yrs.He says his son is hell on wheels.They live in the city and dad is
trying to channel his energy into somthing positive.Thanks for the help.

Old 11-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Range Rover

Freinds Don't Let Freinds buy POLARIS JUNK!!!!

Old 11-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

Bommer 84 Once a man makes up his mind it is very hard to chang it.
I decided to just roll with it and help him out as much as i can.

Old 11-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Boomer84
Freinds Don't Let Freinds buy POLARIS JUNK!!!!
Great quote LOL. ... this is worse than the "ride it like you stole it quote" that ATVaddict was just saying someone told him. Anything useful to say to help this man other than your misinformed opinion about the Polaris Predator?

Old 11-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

Just went through this with a friend. I told him DS is the way to go, but he is the type to do the opposite of what you say. He went down and got a Predator. He was all happy about it. He let me ride it out at the dunes and I found myself leaning forward to the low position bars. Then I took it for a small ride and went down a dune and at the bottom where the level and the dune meet the bike nearly stopped and I almost flew right over the bars. The A-arms are not tilted like on a DS....they are flat and level so there was no give when I approached that angle at the bottom of the dune....that was enough for me to get off it and say....wow, nice bike. Tried to be nice. I also noticed that its got nothing on the bottom at all and its all on top as far as the rpm band. The DS you can thump around in low rpms. The predator....no way. Then he told me and eveyone that his predator will beat a DS in a drag race. So we went to asphalt and I raced him with my (stock at the time) DS. 3 races, I wasted him every time. On 2 of the races I passed him with my front wheel next to his head. Then we went to the dunes on 2 more trips and the last time when he came back the "supposed high tech steering" was missing 4 BOLTS!!!!!!!! they rattled out. This was a brand new Predator! He had other things falling off also. Even his exhaust shield was melting....

I think if I had predator money I would get a Z400 instead....more aftermarket parts and proven.

If you want too much......get a DS.

Old 11-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

The predator is like a crappy imitation of the Raptor to me. I've heard of problems in a magazine of shifting and other stuff, there fast but don't know if they have problems since i don't own one.

Old 11-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you aren't going to ride the dunes and power isn't as much of an issue the 400EX is a great option. Well prooven and right now the prices seem to have come down on them quite a bit (especially with the new 450 class of quads out.

I would caution your friend about the re-sale on the Predator. The YFZ 450's and the 450R's are going to have some very good re-sale prices with their popularity still growing.

The DS's continue to be a great value too.

Just ask him to at least go sit on all the quads. If he doesn't at least do that he isn't really researching all his options.

I'm sure he will be happy with whatever he gets. There really are a lot of good options out there. Some are just better than others [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: predator?No help on the polaris forum