CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ARRESTED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARRESTED!!!!

"YOU CAN PICK YOU'R FRIENDS BUT NOT YOU'R NEIGHBORS"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] cops have been to my house 2 times last year for riding up and down the street "slow" after i washed a machine off.

Old 11-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default ARRESTED!!!!

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Yes, the super soaker would be considered an assault. I also would "NOT" recommend trying to talk to him, if you feel compelled to, make sure you have a neutral 3rd party there. And don't try to pursuade him to drop charges. Sounds like he is the kind to push further laws on you. Like intimidating a witness/victim. As the saying goes, You can't pick your darn neighbors[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
yea the cops detained me for a couple hours for shooting the ice cream man with a super soaker, lmao but i would never take back that moment.

Old 11-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Range Rover
Default ARRESTED!!!!

When you go to court ask for a jury trial. Around here if the charges are borderline or if no gov't person like a D.A. (we call a solicitor) owns the case and is doing the work. It will never get scheduled.

The judges will just let a frivolous complaint go for 5 months and expire based on a right to a speedy trial. Around here they have 150 days to get a trial going. Unless the complainant is very pushy and calls up there every week or there is another technical issue that postpones it.

If you ask for a bench trial you will get a compromise from the judge, at least around here anyway. If you plead guilty you pay the fine and go home.

Ask for a Jury trial. Even if you have to go to trial you will be able to tell 12 people what happened.

Old 11-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default ARRESTED!!!!

Raidermike-

I don't know if the laws in California are the same as in Wisconsin, but spraying somebody with a hose is NOT battery. It is nothing more than possibly DISORDERLY CONDUCT. Also, If the guy told you to "take a shot at him" you can not get charged with battery. He, in reality, gave you permission to hit him if he said "take a shot at me". This is all assuming the laws of CA are the same as WI.

Old 11-15-2004, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default ARRESTED!!!!

WIscrambler,

I can understand saying, "If wisconsin law is the same as Idaho" but the chances of "wisconsin law being the same as california" is no better than a wisconsin cow flying. I don't know much about this situation but I am sure that california law protects the "thief or trouble maker" a little more than most states. (nothing personal to the californians, just your law makers) Most cops would laugh at a similar situation. Here in Idaho you could not get a cop to come to the scene of a "spraying".lol Good luck with it... let us know how it ends up.

Old 11-15-2004, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default ARRESTED!!!!

I don't care if I have to drive 80 mi. round trip to work, being exempt fom these types of deals is worth it. I have only one neighbor on my dead-end road and that suits me just fine. He laughs when we have a party that goes till the sun comes up, and my kid whipped some doughnuts in his driveway with his quad, and nothing was said, but he did bring down a garden rake for the boy to smooth out the gravel with. Obviously good neighbors are hard to come by!

Old 11-15-2004, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default ARRESTED!!!!

i say video tape his house and him everyday for like a month and see what he does. if its ok for him to do it then why cant you. who knows maybe you will catch his wife cheating on him and then he wont care about the quads [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default ARRESTED!!!!

here in MN we can not photograph someone without their consent. When we do our ATV Safety training, we have to ask for consent before we take photo's of the students on the course.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default ARRESTED!!!!

Man would I be P O ed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Look there is hope there this book called how to get even[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Here is an example check this out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Get a can of shaving creme and put it in the freezer overnight. The can will only crack down one side, so you peel the can off of the frozen chunck of shaving creme. Then you put the frozen chunck in the back of someones pick-up and as the shaving creme thaws out the bed of the truck fills up with shaving creme.
good luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default ARRESTED!!!!

If he puts that camera on you again, drop your Levis & just start beating it like it owes you money.

If you are gonna get in trouble go out in a blaze of glory.

Quick Reply: ARRESTED!!!!