CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ARRESTED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARRESTED!!!!

You won't believe this.

Today, two friends came over and we were going to go riding, there is a levee on a canal right behind my house at the end of a cul de sac, this housing development is still being built so the levee is all dirt, will eventually be a park. Well I've ridden my quads and dirtbike along it numerous times and I'm considerate around the homes by not opening it up or anything. Anyway, we are in the garage getting our gear on, quads fired up and a guy about four houses down comes over and walks up to my garage and starts accusing me of leaving quad tracks on his driveway and grass...I was like, SORRY PAL, wasn't me. He starts to prod me a bit, "I work for the attorney general and I can have you prosecuted" so I said, "for what"?? Those aren't my quad tracks and you are a liar if you are accusing me of driving on your driveway. So I ask him to leave and to "have a terrific day". So my friend and I walk over to see if there are any tracks in his driveway or yard, NOPE, not a single ATV track. Later we get home from riding, we are hosing off our quads in the front yard and a kid on a quad goes down the street.....no biggie, seen it before, well he goes by my neighbors house, he comes out and is looking all flustered, well next thing you know kids come down the street and neighbor is out there with a video camera....So we are kind of laughing about it, well he proceeds to come over to MY house and starts video taping us washing our quads, so I tell him to get lost, he say's "I'm on public property".....so I flip him off and tell him to get lost....he keeps taping, so I spray him with the hose. He starts flipping out "I'll prosecute you for battery". I'm like WHATEVER get the F out of here now. He wont leave, stands in the middle of the street telling me to take a shot at him if I want (like I'm that stupid) well he finally leaves. An hour later the cops show up and he is pressing battery charges against me.....Cops have to "arrest" me. They give me a ticket and never even handcuff me LOL. Then they go talk to him, well this A-hole tells the cops those kids were MINE and that the kids told him to F off. That guy was such a LIAR, I told him to begin with they weren't my kids yet he tells the cops they were. He was already starting to back track. He had no business coming on my property to begin with, he was trying to star BS and we were minding our own business.

Can you even believe spraying someone with a hose is battery?? I have to appear in freaking court in January over this. I started to get pretty pissed, I started yelling at the other neighbors......"DONT SPRAY ANYONE WITH A HOSE, YOU WILL GET ARRESTED". I kept telling the cops, "you gotta be kidding me, right"?? This guy starts harassing me, then video tapes me, my truck, inside my garage and my friends after I asked him to leave twice, but because he is on public property he can get away with this? What a joke.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default ARRESTED!!!!

the only thing he could get you for is maybe you giving him the bird but thats about it. That guys a moron you should of started posing for him while he was video taping you. just to see what he would do.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default ARRESTED!!!!

at least you didnt do what I would of done.....

good luck with "your" neighbor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2004, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default ARRESTED!!!!

Must be a california thing or something, I can't imagine our local cops even coming out for such crap. Just tell them that you were only spraying it in the air to scare him..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and that you never actually meant it to make contact with him. You just misjudged your aim..

Anyone that takes his complaint seriously may believe it

Old 11-15-2004, 12:09 AM
Range Rover
Default ARRESTED!!!!

raidermike67,
i know what you mean.my son was crossing the road and he looked both ways,but this guy was flying down a 25 mph road and hit my son broad side.scared tha crap out of me!the guy was in a old beat up 80? mercury marq. he gets out and says look what you did to my car.the paint was chipped off so bad i couldn't see anything new.i had to go to court and pay him $500 for a 1 inch scratch!!he never even called the law or his insurance company.he left the scene of the accident in my opinion.now ever time i fire the ds up the cops come. im just glad he is 55 or i would have been arrested for ASAULT and battery!

Old 11-15-2004, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default ARRESTED!!!!

the only thing he could get you for is maybe you giving him the bird but thats about it. That guys a moron you should of started posing for him while he was video taping you. just to see what he would do. >>>>>>

Cops said spraying someone with a hose is considered battery and since he insisted on pressing charges, they had to charge me. What a waste of the cops and courts time huh? Freaking whiner.

Old 11-15-2004, 12:40 AM
Quad Patrol
Default ARRESTED!!!!

Originally posted by: raidermike67
Cops said spraying someone with a hose is considered battery and since he insisted on pressing charges, they had to charge me. What a waste of the cops and courts time huh? Freaking whiner.

They told you correct. Sounds like he made a citizen's arrest on you. I doubt the D.A.'s office will even file charges against you. Your neighbor is correct about being on public property, where he can video tape you or anyone else. If he was taunting you while video taping, I'd make sure the D.A. found out about that, if, in fact, they file charges. But, I doubt they will. Good luck

Old 11-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default ARRESTED!!!!

He would be buying a new camera and tape. I had a lawsuit going and there was a guy video taping me at hollister hills on the atv track. I rode up to him and took his camera and removed the tape. He said what are you doing? I told him I don't like being on video and here's $5 for the tape. He didn't say much else, then I rode away and packed it up and went home. My friends still laugh about it to this day. It gets brought up everytime we go riding.

Old 11-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default ARRESTED!!!!

so I spray him with the hose
Too funny

Old 11-15-2004, 01:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ARRESTED!!!!

Sorry that happened to you.

I used to run my quads up and down the street every once and a while but, my neighbor really got bothered by it. I really don't know why, the Harley's on the block are just as loud and they run them far more often.

But, I can't complain. Overall he is a good neighbor - quiet, keeps his yard up and doesn't have any cars in the street or in the driveway.

I'ld really watch it riding around your hood. Obviously this guy has it out for you. Maybe just not riding them around the house will get this guy to back off.

My peeve is people driving fast down my street. There are a ton of kids on the street and the only people that should be on it are those that live on it. When outsiders drive down it too fast for me (which is really pretty slow) I get fried. I've gone around the corner before looking for trouble.

Buddy in Nevada yelled at a kid driving too fast down his street twice. . . third time he followed him to his house and punched him before he got out of his car. A couple weeks later cops show up and he plays stupid. Cops let it go and all but told him IF he did it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] then you obviously fixed the problem! Add to that, the subdivision this guy lives in backs up to BLM land. I think the cops up there would laugh at a judge that tried to get someone arrested for riding their quad in the subdivision on the way to the BLM land. . . . I can only dream!!!

Sucks that someone can sit there in front of your house and videotape all he wants of your house.

When $hit like this happens just remind yourself that there is Carma in this world. This guy will have his coming. One way or another. This guy has made his point and whatever damage you did by spraying him has been erased with the arrest. He should at this point back off and not press charges. If there is a way you can ask him (through a neighbor or something) to back off in the best interest of a neighbor relationship that's about your only out. If he presses charges you will be far too pissed to ever be able to pass his house without spitting on his car.

I believe vindictiveness always comes back on the person being vindictive (again, CARMA). But. . . I love ideas. . .
By the way. . . did you know the sidewalk in front of someone's house is public property? Now, you can't abandon a car but, a junker that leaks oil and is moved every day or two is perfectly legit. A hidden video camera inside it would be even better in case he tries to do something to it.

My mind will be wandering all night thinking of ideas. . .

Quick Reply: ARRESTED!!!!