CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sidewinder NO GOOD

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sidewinder NO GOOD

BillDS650.....THEBOM has a 520 set up that works well.

JMiller

Old 11-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have an LTZ and a XR400 with sidewinder timoly sprockets and chain on them. The xr has had them on there for two years and they are still good. Why have you guys had such problems? My xr works great and when I ordered my ltz sprockets I ordered the wrong size and they exchanged them for me for free. I just join this forum and saw the sidewinder no good thread and now I will tell everyone that sidewinder is a good company. In Italy I used to buy them and I believe they are the best and I use nothing else.

Old 11-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jiminok
THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A TITANIUM CHAIN FROM SIDEWINDER...way back when this first started I tried to send an email as group effort to get some satisfaction. I guess the email just went thru when I got plugged back in...here's the email from Vic:

Dear Jim, I do not think there is a more customer responsive company in this or any other industry....may I know who requires assistance? We do not make chains out of Ti...We make Ti rear sprockets and "Titanium" series chains to compliment the life of the Ti rear. Has someone had a problem or ???
We get about 6 or more customers a day saying they have never been treated better by anyone else and rate our products at the top of their experience...Let me know what is really going on...best regards...vic krause...owner

I'm going to send him a link to this thread...
I think you just got your first bite from the link you sent them. A first post newbie.

Old 11-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

BTW welcome to the forums Watashee.

Old 11-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks you for the welcome, but to say because I am positive about sidewinder is that I work for them is very amusing. Or maybe small for some people.
I think this group is maybe controlled by one or two guys that have had problems and are trying to spread there problems to others. I'l say again, I have had only good experiences with Sidewinder.
Since I live in California and Ohio and I ride in Ohio and Kentucky, I think that I would have a problem working for them. Pretty funny.
MAybe i'll just leave you few to your company.
See you in other threads.
Costello

Old 11-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Watashee welcome I am glad you got service but I have not. My order was paced on the 6th of Nov with them saying that had every thing in stock wehen they did not THAT IS A BIG LIE. I due think they make some of the best styff out their but their customer service Sucks. My order should have ship toady 22 day late.

Old 11-30-2004, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Watashee
Thanks you for the welcome, but to say because I am positive about sidewinder is that I work for them is very amusing. Or maybe small for some people.
I think this group is maybe controlled by one or two guys that have had problems and are trying to spread there problems to others. I'l say again, I have had only good experiences with Sidewinder.
Since I live in California and Ohio and I ride in Ohio and Kentucky, I think that I would have a problem working for them. Pretty funny.
MAybe i'll just leave you few to your company.
See you in other threads.
Costello

Costello,

I'll just echo what Bill said about Sidewinder, that I too am glad you had a good experience with Sidewinder. It is true that most news of any kind is negative, and certainly a positive post from your experience is a good thing. I would equate more of the differences with your experience to some of the DS650 guys to the DS650 products themselves from Sidewinder. Although, they do have a rather marked reputation here as being negative for us. I've been on this board for several years, and I can promise you that this board is not controlled by a few individuals - the Moderators are pretty good here - and I have never seen this forum run better. I'd like to also say that this DS650 forum here is pretty tough - we do set the bar high. The reason why that is, is because there are others in the past that have had products for the DS650 that have been dissapointing. So, as a result, we are probably a little more sensitive than others. Bill, the guy that started this thread, is probably the most patient dude I know! For me, when I called about my overcharge on my credit card, they said that I needed to talk to the owner to get it corrected. When I asked for the owner, they simply told me that the owner was in the Carabean on a cruise. I never got the charge corrected, and I ended up with a sprocket that was designed incorrectly. It would seem that folks that have quads and motorcycles that are in high demand, seem to get products that have had more R&D on them. The DS650 is still not as good of a seller as many other quads - so we run into these design problems quite a bit. When we do, we report them here to help others.

Welcome to the forum.

Marky

Old 02-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

unless you guys paid with cash or check, why don't you dispute the charges with your credit card company?

Old 02-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: learnem
unless you guys paid with cash or check, why don't you dispute the charges with your credit card company?
For larger purchases, that is a valid option. For Others, especially items that have to be shipped back, it can be a can of worms. I see no problem in disputing certain items with a credit card company - but wouldn't it be better not to have to go down that road to begin with?

Old 02-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

I am not referring to me personally buying something, i am referring to you guys.

as far as shipped items...i would rather be stuck with only the shipping charges, then for the whole item, plus shipping!