CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Crankcase breather tube

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 01:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crankcase breather tube

It just straight dies. It will not take any throttle at all.

Old 11-22-2004, 01:16 AM
Trailblazer

Also in regards to your wiring diagram in which order on the stock wiring harness plug does each wire go?

Old 11-22-2004, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

Two problems with the wire diagram. 1 it's for the standard DS and for an 01 and I dug around till I found my old stock cdi and it doesn't even match that wire pattern.
My old cdi which is diff than The Baja models is red white yellow on the bottom and black then an empty space then blue on the top row.

I asume you spliced the wires as directed from RWR correct?
I find it hard to believe that the CDI is the problem. Could be I guess and is worth switching back if that is easier than swaping back carbs.

Old 11-22-2004, 01:38 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info eagle. I just tried putting the stock carb back on and it did seem like it wanted to run. Granted I used the stock throttle cable for my new carb and has made it useless foor the old one. Also it is not jetted properly for the new added parts but it did seem better than the Tm45. Assuming I do have a carb problem where do I check now? Everything seems to be in order on the TM45 but I didn't use air or carb cleaner in the passages but just blew through low speed and main jet with lung power and it appeared clear.

Old 11-22-2004, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

FRom the description it sounds more like the slide is not rising when you give it throttle or the needle that is attached to the slide is not rising out of the main jet.
Pull the snorkel off the back of the carb or the filter if you have it directly mounted to the carb. And operate the throttle and see if you can see the slide rise and lower. Also look to see that te needle rises with the slide. Thats where i would start. Make sure that part is working properly first

Old 11-22-2004, 02:05 AM
Trailblazer

The needle and the slide are definetly moving the way they are supposed to. It's a pretty involved mechanism that operates the slide it seems like it would be hard for that to fail. I guess I going to have to break down and break out the carb cleaner and go through all the passages. This whole experience has put a bad taste in my mouth about RWR. They forgot the 2 header pipe pieces, took forever to ship and now I have problems with my parts. Great...............

Old 11-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

Have you given Elliot a call yet and told him what is going on? Have him double check with you that the CDI is the corrrect one for your DS and that it's wired as it should be. The carb should have been just a bolt on item. If you got it from RWR as a new unit. I supose the main could have been plugged with something but if you pulled it out once and blew through it then it should rev. If the ONly chages yuou made are CDI and carb then I would work my way backwards till it runs as it did before. Since you had to splice wires and stuff the CDI may be the culprit. I personely think if that part is wired wrong it just would not run. But perhaps thats not the case. I would put the stock carb on. If it runs perfect with that carb then it's the tm carb. If Not then it's time to swap back to the stock CDI. I know it's frustrating as he// Just hang in there you'll figure it out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]