CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

LTE for the DS650? Check this out

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004 | 05:09 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default LTE for the DS650? Check this out

I've heard a mixed bag on the LTE's for various quads, some like them some don't. There's some Dyno charts on the sweetquads webpage I was checking out. They show the DS losing power on top end....something doesn't seem right to me....losing power on top with these? Can anybody vouch for this?

LTE on DS 650

Old 11-23-2004 | 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Ok so I think theres few pieces of info missing here to be conclusive. Sure its dropping off but has the carb been changed ? Or tunned ? There should be more horse power there if done properly.

Old 11-23-2004 | 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

Look at the chart again .... Its an optical illusion

Old 11-23-2004 | 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

pred fan, did u jet the carb before your run with the duels?

Old 11-23-2004 | 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

Look Predfan If your going to post a Dyno chart you had better Post ALL the relevant info or your just talkin BS!! Hell at least lie about what the carb and settings were used, that chart you show us doesnt show us jack! If it showed 90 hp I would still say BS Whats the compression , is it stock bore and stroke ETC.... give it up dude!!

Old 11-24-2004 | 02:46 AM
|
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Prozack
Look Predfan If your going to post a Dyno chart you had better Post ALL the relevant info or your just talkin BS!! Hell at least lie about what the carb and settings were used, that chart you show us doesnt show us jack! If it showed 90 hp I would still say BS Whats the compression , is it stock bore and stroke ETC.... give it up dude!!
Chill, Prozack...now I understand the name. I'm just sharing some info I saw FROM ONE OF THE SPONSORS of these forums. I didn't rag on your DS. Dude, you're hilarious. If you are smart and research the link I sent before you spout off, you'd see that this was a faxed dyno directly from LTE....I find that in itself strange. This doesn't seem to market the LTE product for the DS well in my opinion, yet it's coming from the source. IF YOU WERE NOT SPOUTING OFF RIDICULOUSLY PROZACK, you would realize that I offered my opinion that I did not understand why the top end drop off occurred either. I was hoping some of you DS owners has some insight to this, but instead I get a RIDICULOUS RANT FROM YOU, PROZACK, implying that I'm sabatoging your DS! LOL.

Look further and you'll see there are other dyno's too. Take alook at the raptor Dyno sheet. Boy that stock raptor reading looks suspicous too, wandering all over the place. My point is not to get people like you, PROZACK to get all ruffled, just find out why this posted information FROM ONE OF OUR SPONSORS ON HERE shows this Dyno.....GET IT NOW, PROZACK?

And yes, it looks like it is very possbile that the dyno could be an optical illusion as mentioned, but usually, you don't see the curves hitting each other in the mid-to upper RPM's.

Old 11-24-2004 | 03:00 AM
RIP Dear Friend

PredFan you might need to chill out also.

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Look at the chart again .... Its an optical illusion
Everyone needs to pay attention to what he posted and we don't care about going to another place, another time.

Old 11-24-2004 | 03:09 AM
Pro Rider

Im simply saying that there are other charts from LTE that don't exacltly match what that one shows. So, there is something different on the mods or on the dyno or some other conditions that cause a variance from the sheets I have from LTE. Other people can obtain them the same way I did - by asking LTE for them. The "other place" I mentioned (which got deleted) is LTE. Since they did the dyno, maybe someone should just call Randy and ask. I am about 85% sure that both of the pipes tested in this dyno above meet at 6,000 rpm - and that the LTE moves up instead of down as previously speculated. That would explain why the peak horsepower is so close to the stock HP already published by so many people already. This is one of the problems resulting from someone trying to speculate on an LTE dyno, when the tester isn't there to help explain the results. My experience with LTE pipes is that they make power on the top end, not take away when compared to stock.

Old 11-24-2004 | 03:12 AM
RIP Dear Friend

I saw what you did, no more, no less, its in the pencil.

Old 11-24-2004 | 03:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptoryfn660r
I saw what you did, no more, no less, its in the pencil.
Who did? What pencil?

Quick Reply: LTE for the DS650? Check this out