CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

fmf duals n e one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fmf duals n e one?

take a hot knife with you and cut off 3 of the paddles off each side for me....lol

*over-paddled*

i tried some 10 paddle haulers on a piped ds and it had good launches, but you could feel the drag in second gear all the way to the top. i can only imagine what the 12's do to that thing.

has anybody noticed how cheap ds' sell for on ebay these days? i was looking at getting rid of mine about 6 months ago, and there were a few 01-02's taht sold for 5k! now i see 03/04's that dont even get the reserve met and end at like 3k.

Old 12-01-2004, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

I hope the bidding stays low on this one. it needs work. the wiring is cut and spliced around the fan and lights.the switch on the bars is for on and off fan. the motor is not original. they broke something on it and it was laying on the bench. something to do with the crank. the exhaust is garbage from the head pipe back. peices and parts from god knows what. the gas is kept on. the carb is dripping on the case.the K&N filter is packed with sand and dirt. looks like it has never been cleaned. no pre filter.the chain is rusted bad. rear axle seems tight. even though it is rusted around the carrier. one of the seat pins on the front is ripped out of the plastic. and there is a couple of big gouges in the plastic tank cover. that rear grab bar is not going to bend before the sub frame. it is heavy frickin duty. it has tow loops welded in it also. seems to run pretty good. so, its salvagable. maybe only worth about 2k at the most. no worrys on a scam. the guy is cool. and knows it needs work.

Old 12-01-2004, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

hmm well its over 2k already... sounds like it wasnt maintained at all... (i am paranoid when my outerwear gets the least bit of dust caked on it...)

i hope for the sake of the high bidder it dosnt go over 2500.... (but im sure it will get to 3k anyway)